Tuesday, August 4, 2015

8/4/15 People Meandering Back Into Our Lives?

    I had had this conversation with Wife six months ago.  Wondering why people glum on to us when they are at their shittiest?  Various friends going through divorce, single moms in mid-divorce, people that seem and they even use the term "we're family".  But upon bouncing back from their lows, there they go, hard to get their attention.  I don't blame them, and I don't even think of holding a grudge.  I say cool, if we helped you through a tough time once.
    But were they our friends or do we just make like a good set of training wheels to get you back on your feet?  Is that what we are supposed to do?  One friend in particular was over all the time, she'd spend the weekend at our house, with her 4 kids, it was fun.  Then she finds this guy, who does not like our free spirit ways and she pretty much up and disappeared.
    There was another, a guy, divorced, swore life would never be the same.  We tried introducing him to another of our single mama friends, but it didn't work out.  He eventually found another chick, he'll say hi occasionally on FB, but he is pretty much also married and disappeared.  There was another guy who had been a coworker, started texting me after his wife called it off.  We go through a few months of entertaining him and his kids, now he has met another lady friend, and guess how often we see him?
    More recently, one of the Girlies in our lives had hooked up with a young guy and of course, he cut her off from visiting us or even the rest of her family.  This lasted a good year, until she came around asking if she could clean for us, I pay her whatever.  She's been showing up once a week, and I must say it's nice.  She showed up today just to say hi, she was with another friend of hers we hadn't seen in two years.  She had a baby with another possessive guy, who is now out of the picture.  What is it with these possessive guys who need their chick by their side at all times?  I freaking love when Wife says I'm going to go visit my Mom overnight.  She hardly does that, but please, feel free.
    What runs through their minds "no!, you will heat up my tortillas every night and tell me how boring it is locked up here in the shitty apartment."  I tell Wife they will all be back, just a matter of time.  Marriage is not a rope around each others necks, keeping us close 24/7.  I love Wife, and we have built a great home for our kids, not just in structure, but we both promote experiences, I love Chubs heading out to visit my folks or my in-laws.  I don't like paying for, but I think Boy having adventures with his friends is helping make him become the individual he is becoming.  I have always supported things she believes in and she supports about half of my ideas, but I am a fountain of ideas, there is no way we could follow through with everything I want, I'm eyeballing you airplane, you will be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment