Monday, August 24, 2015

8/24/15 Summer's Over, Looking Forward To Fall?

    Summer has run its course.  It was hectic, it was fabulous, it was sweaty, it was beautiful, it was tearful, but mostly it was life.  It started off with a bang, we were going to move back to our old house to save money on our mortgage, but I couldn't do it.  We ended up getting the other house looking so good, it sold in less than three hours.  That was the easy part.  We spent nearly two months going back and forth getting it real nice, I barely had any days off, but I guess it was worth it.  This was followed by our trip to Florida, meaning Friday morning we were signing papers for sale of house, and an hour later, we were on the road.
    Trip to Florida was great, sure there was some yelling and maybe a meltdown or two, but we remember only the good parts when we think of it.  I am glad my in-laws were able to join us, as I had said, they rarely had traveled for fun and recreation, usually it was to visit family.  Only thing that would have made trip better was to include my family, but they are planning for next year.
    After Florida, my folks had been waiting for us to join them in Corpus Christi which is our usual vacation spot.  We went a couple times and stayed in some nice suites, and then once even in our in-laws RV.  Very nice, but their location was way off of normal.  We have to work on it for next season and I surely need to get a pick up truck to move my RV.
    Of course, as all this is going on, I am working full time and even overtime.  My weeks have averaged over 60 hours most weeks, so I was fitting in a lot of fun without missing a beat at work.  Wife also got busy working on getting certified to drive a bus.  This turned from she thought a 1-2 week inconvenience into a two month ordeal.  This in turn opened the idea of using a maid, which I have liked because Wife is no longer yelling to help clean the bathrooms or sweep or vacuum.  All this gets done at least once a week by outside forces.
    Speaking of outside, I also had the daunting task of dealing with the pool.  After much work, I did manage to get it looking pristine, good thing since the city sent paperwork that we were in violation and could be charged up to $1000 a day.  And with the last two weeks, I switched Chubs from one room to another, his room is now ready for his teenage years.
    For the Fall, I look forward to catching as many UT games as possible, going to the RenFest, I still think we could catch Schlitterbahn one of these last few weeks before it starts cooling off.  Halloween falls on a Saturday, so we will probably plan a costume party for that night, and then there's the whole Christmas thing. 
    All I can say, is life is good, enjoy every minute, it's gone before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment