Thursday, August 13, 2015

8/14/15 Back At The Gym?

    I took a six month vacation from the gym.  As a reward, I put on about 40 pounds, I lost the ability to walk a mile or half a mile without huffing and puffing, I can pick a joint think about it and decide, yeah, it hurts.
    Like it or not, fat asses need to work even harder just to keep up with the naturally skinny.  It is a tad unfair, it's not like every now and then the equator and the poles change weather and we find ourselves in cold weather where our blubber could be a positive.  No, we have a harder time, fitting in our own clothes, fitting in movie seats, park rides.  It is a slippery slope, the less you work out, the worse you feel, so you spend more time eating, the one thing we're good at.  The cycle just repeats over and over.  We make excuses to not work out, I was using the selling of the rental house, but my health should always be priority one.
    Last year, I was up to walking 4 miles a night at work, over the Christmas break I even set up our treadmill in our bedroom, I was going to add more miles by running as soon as I woke up.  Then my knee started feeling funky, so I backed off a bit, then one of the smart asses I work with caught me in the hall and said "you think all that walking is doing anything?"  It kinda shook me because I wasn't really losing weight, but now I can say I could walk without losing my breath.  I try to start now, and it's like starting from the beginning.  I told him he sucks balls, when he asks why I don't walk anymore, his "defense" is he wanted me to join him on the treadmills to run, he doesn't like walking in the building.  I should have just continued at my own pace, we are all built different and comfortable with different exercises.
    I love the bench press, I also love working the arms.  The chest and the arms are the trophy muscles, if someone works on their arms, it is easy to notice.  I will try to be more vigilant, whatever I do is for my gain and health, I might use the blog occasionally to try and keep me honest.  I am starting at 395 pounds, let's see if I can get back close to 350 by Christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment