Monday, August 10, 2015

8/10/15 Rolling With The Flow?

    We are changing routines all over the place this summer.  Not only did we go stay in Rockport, normally on Sunday we get going about as quick as we get up, mostly because I work all the time.  Work didn't call today, so we slowed down and went to the beach.  I don't think that by ourselves we would have, but my brother in law was in the RV next door with his peeps and I felt like we kind of ignored them yesterday.  So we talked about it after we spent all day Saturday with my folks.  We both managed to get to our RVs at about the same time, midnight, last night.
    After all the jokes that they were going to be waking me up too early, we decided on getting up around 11:00am.  Right on cue, B-I-L (brother in law) was at the door knocking.  It shouldn't be hard, but Chubs could not open door, Wife could not open door, so I had to be woken up to open the door, nothing special, just door has to be pulled in a bit, as deadbolt is turned.
    I wanted to call B-I-L a pain in the ass, but he brought some donuts and kolaches for us for breakfast, very nice.  Even a couple of pizza slices from their dinner last night, as Chubs always loves pizza and his oldest boy slept in our RV.
    We were up, quick shower, and at the beach before noon.  They took a couple minutes to set up their shade/giant umbrella thing, then we walked into the water.  We ended up getting comfortable on the first water break (where water goes back to shallow), about 20 yards out and we sat/lay out there. Water was probably 4-8 inches deep, so it was very nice to just sit and talk.  About two hours passed and suddenly I was ready to go.
    We headed back to the RV park, ate sandwiches, jumped in pool and then started the process of showering one at a time, to get ready for the long road back.  I suddenly felt sleepy, B-I-L said in the pool my eyes started going crazy, he could tell, I was doing something weird, and he told me not to worry about Chubs, to go lay down.  I took a thirty minute nap, then we went and ate at an old small town classic, Dairy Queen.
    I had a burger, Wife a chicken sandwich, followed by an ice cream cone, and some sodas.  From there, we left for Austin, with only a stop at Buc-ee's to fill up gas tank.  It was a very lazy Sunday afternoon, now we just have to deal with our sunburns.

No comments:

Post a Comment