Monday, August 10, 2015

8/11/15 Two More Weeks, Things Getting Back To Normal?

    It has taken most of the summer, but I feel we are finally getting back in step.  Rental house is a distant memory, vacation to Florida with my in-laws is also on the rear view mirror, not to mention fears from dealing with city about pool. 
    Wife has been slowly repainting insides, such as baseboards back to white from dirt color.  Girlie is busily painting garage door and balcony.  There are a few boxes left to unpack, but they will be dealt with in the coming two weeks.
    Today, I finally decided I would start moving Chubs to Guest Room 2, or as he is calling it My Room, 2.0.  The room had a king sized mattress on the floor, and he started sleeping in that room about a month ago.  He decided he did not fit in his twin size bed and that it was not comfortable for him.  I had already spotted the perfect quilt for his bed and we had even bought it and a couple of decorative pillows with the Batman motif.
    The room is currently a mess, but all should be sorted by the end of the week.  The guest room downstairs is much smaller, but we had a full bedroom set in there.  I dragged the bed upstairs today.  I'll keep moving the pieces up slowly, the nightstands had been out in the open hallway for a couple weeks.  I was gonna set up everything in his room, but he figured the other room was larger and he asked for the change.
    I have a surround sound stereo set up for myself in there, along with my massage table.  For now he says he loves all the Longhorns stuff in there, we'll see if he changes his mind.  I can move my massage table and even the stereo will take minimal effort to set up in new room.  I will have to paint the room into something more mature, right now it is a very bright yellow, maybe add some black out curtains, lose the Superman stuff.
    In the beginning of the summer, everything just seemed overwhelming, now he we are, almost the middle of August, freaking +100 degree days in full bloom.  Boy and Chubs are enjoying the last two weeks of their summer, then Boy moves back to San Marcos, it was hard last year, before I realized he would be back all the time.  Chubs is excited at prospect of finishing in Elementary school he started in.  Last year we were sure he was going to be in Boy's old Elementary School.

No comments:

Post a Comment