Thursday, August 20, 2015

8/21/15 I Am Now 44, Happy Birthday To Me?

    I am in my mid 40's, life is good.  I have two wonderful boys that dictate my life, a wife that is just perfect because she loves me more than I deserve and makes my life so much better, even if she is a bit of a ball buster.  Two wonderful parents who couldn't fit their roles any better.  Mama still trying to run my life like I am ten years old (I will always be her baby is all the defense she needs) and Dad keeping a little distance but still offering his opinions and advice.
    I am lucky in that I even have great in-laws, they don't interfere, yet they are always a phone call away.  My siblings are as good as anyone could ask for.  No problems with the law, overachievers for the most part, always keeping me on my toes to try and be a better person.  I find myself liking even my wife's siblings, just this year finally hanging out with the brother camping out without any parents around.
    My workplace is great, coming up on 19 years working at the same location, doing a handful of different responsibilities.  I work with a small core group that I believe truly like me and accept me as I am.  Rarely, are there any negative comments from management, they trust us in knowing what we are doing, so we are left alone, for the most part.
    I have a few people I am lucky to have in my life as my friends, I love them as family because they know me and still insist on being around me, warts and all.
    I have a giant house, I joke just big enough for my giant ego, but it is just the right size to keep me happy.  We all have plenty of space to stretch and be ourselves.  I would only hope we could entertain more often, as that is one of the reasons I wanted such a big house.  But any gathering we end up having usually turns into a good time.
    I insist I am atheist, but somehow I have always felt protected by an outside force, like a cat, if I fall, I land on my feet.  Whatever challenges I have had to endure have only made me stronger.  Maybe and foolishly, I am down to my ninth life if I am like a cat, but I will continue doing what I am doing.  I have lived a rich and fulfilling life, my weight says too fulfilling, but every meal has been with good people.  Give me another 44 as good as the first ones, and I truly am one of the blessed ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment