Wednesday, August 12, 2015

8/12/15 I'm A Punny Guy?

    By the time David was 18, he had become a master baiter.  He went all around the country teaching his skills, usually to small groups of young men.  He was a simple man preferred camping by a lake or river, always fetched his meal by using his pole.  He wore that pin with pride, it designated him a master baiter and had actually earned the title at 16 for his work with worms and minnows.
    Danny was a cunning linguist.  He loved going head to head with anyone, specially women.  He loved using his tongue to pronounce impossible words from old books.  One day, he was busy with Charlotte, his tongue doing what it did best, pronouncing words, such as onomatopoeia, or deterioration, she suddenly suggested with your skills, you should eat at The-Y.  Everything smells like the sea down there, but then again, it is by a fish rendering plant.  Anyhow, if you can pronounce everything on their menu, the meal is free.
    You don't mind if I use your ramrod, Bruno?  Said Cathy.  By all means I am here to serve you ma'am.  Let me do it for you, just lay back and relax.  I can tell it's been awhile since someone shoved a proper ramrod through your barrel and removed all that gun residue.  Out here in the desert, we really have to keep our weapons clean.
    You think your dinghy is big enough for her?  Just look at that backside, took a whole herd of cows to make the cloth she wears.  An 80 foot yacht needs a much bigger dinghy, in case of an emergency, all personnel aboard should fit.  I'm also not sure leather is the best material for a boat.
    "I hate it when I step out of sight and my kids start yelling for me."  said Mike.  They insist on using my full name and it is a little embarrassing.  It can't be as bad as mine, said Moe.  "Mr. Hunt, phone for you."  That's me, said Mike, I gotta go.  See you later, Mr. Lester, said Mike to Moe.  Just then he heard it, Mike Hunt on the intercom, followed by the little sniffles of laughs.  "Will Mike Hunt answer the courtesy phone in the lobby?"

No comments:

Post a Comment