Monday, August 24, 2015

8/25/15 First Day Of School Jitters?

    As it always happens, Chubs could not sleep last night.  It is one part nerves and one part staying up late all summer long.  During the summer, we don't really keep a curfew and it does happen occasionally, I come home from work at 6:30am and they will still be up.
    Sure enough, I went home for lunch at my usual time and Chubs ran down, said he was waiting for me, to give me a hug, I said nice, now drag your butt back to bed.  He decided he was going to sleep with mama, for old time's sake.
    Thirty miles away, Boy was going through his own stuff.  He was kind of caught off guard, not realizing school did in fact start on Monday.  He thought like previous semester, maybe it would start on a Wednesday.  He managed to scam us out of yet another laptop, this being the 4th or 5th one, not to mention two regular computers.  The last laptop we bought him, was a professional model, with a separate graphics chip for gaming and engineering.  The only problem was that it weighed like forty pounds and well, Boy only weighs 130 pounds or so.  Of course, he wasn't going listen to me when I was telling him to just buy something good enough for class.  He was also spazzing out a bit over a statistics class.  I told him to just show up.  Better to try and fail, than to assume something is too hard and never try.
    I don't know if I had the jitters, but I could not sleep.  I found myself staring at my phone, every little bit.  Even more weird, at 1:59pm, I distinctively heard Chubs' voice, like he came in my bedroom and call me, "Dad!"  I then woke up scared that I had slept though his after school pick-up.  I jumped out of bed and looked for him or Wife or even Boy.  Nobody was in the house.  It was a jump start to my heart.  I decided to get up and go work on his old room, I have been converting it into a lounge room, media room.  I'll have a record player there, along with all the other fun stuff a fat old guy like me likes, Girlie posters on the wall, I do like tacky.
    Upon picking up Chubs, he had a great day.  His class is loaded with kids he already knows, Boy said statistics sounded scary, but professor said to bring a laptop to class, he is glad he got his new one.  Wife had a good day, she does her first actual driving of the big bad bus tomorrow, I'm looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment