Saturday, December 31, 2022

12/26/22 Almost Going To Crystal City?

    The plan was to go hang out with our in-laws on Friday before Christmas, then go to Crystal City after Christmas to hang out with my family for a day or two.  My mom called Friday, I think, they got my dad tested, he had been sick for a few days, and he tested positive for Covid.  Honestly, I am not reacting to it like I probably should, to me it is more like the flu or cold.  Don't lay down with the man or share his food, but I'm not scared to sit in the room with him, if he was contagious like that, every one of my family members would have it, but nobody else tested positive for it.  Still, it was enough of an excuse, or I don't know, some people are more cautious, but both Wife and Mijo said we should wait before we go and get ourselves sick.  I agreed, for a day.
    Monday night was maybe the first relaxing day, where we just hung out and watched a little TV with no worry or agenda to do anything.  Mijo was actually fighting a mild cold and he did sleep a lot between the last day of school and probably Monday, so he was very low key.  DD and his people ended up coming over, there water was still off, so they showed up to shower.  I honestly was in no condition to entertain; we just sort of stayed in the living room watching whatever we were watching.  I fell asleep on my chair, I believe DD fell asleep for a bit too as Wife and his wife played with the baby, or Wife watched him while she showered, I don't know, I was more out of it than aware of what was going on by the time they came.  They ended up living, all I remember was that they didn't cover the baby up while taking it to the car, and I just kept saying "cover the baby up."  His mama called Wife a couple days later, he got sick, and she didn't know how.  "Hmm!"
    Speaking of sick, I was trying to chill, but my mom called close to midnight, she was kind of shaken up.  She said my dad had seemed fine before she went to take a shower before bed, or whatever her routine is, but when she came back, my dad seemed like another person, unable to talk, he muttered "I'm not feeling well..." and my mom was left to figure out what to do.  She called my brother who came over, inside the house, they were going to get ready to take him to the ER, but she called my other brother who suggested they call the ambulance.  They checked his sugar and found it to be super low, around 31.  They gave him some juice to get his sugar up, and he immediately went back to normal.  This was a pretty good scare for mom, and it got me thinking we should go down and visit sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment