Tuesday, December 27, 2022

12/24/22 Lamest Christmas Eve?

     I guess not all holidays can be winners, but man, this whole winter season has felt like a dud.  We just passed Christmas, which will be easy to get by since we never even set up our Christmas tree and hardly wrapped any gifts, so there isn't much wrapping paper to worry about disposing.  I was glad to hear Boy was back in town the Monday before Christmas, so at least we had a chance he would drop by, and we would see him on Christmas Eve or Day, either one would be good.  He is the biggest reason I wanted to be in town, so we could be a whole family when he came over, as he stated he wouldn't be able to go to with us out of town to my folks or in-law's.

    Earlier in the day, DD called about coming over, not that I was sure we had talked about getting together before, but I always enjoy them coming over with their baby.  Since we didn't have plans, I thought it wouldn't be problem having them over.  We got up and ready to run some last-minute errands, which meant a run to Berdoll Farms to get some pecans, then a run to Central Market, but before that, a walk thru the store next door, I like the stuff they sell there, even if I hardly ever buy anything. then a last-minute run thru Target before coming home.

    Baby A went with us, mostly on the promise of getting fed, so we stopped at Bill Miller before coming home.  It was weird because we got there at 3:40 and they were fixing to close at 4:00pm.  They were not making any more chicken tenders or chicken, we kind of had to order what they had available.  I had some tacos, as did Wife and Boy had a po-boy, then they came and gave us a bunch of free pies they were fixing to throw away, but they should have just throwed them away, the lemon meringue pies were just horrible.

    We got back home, and Boy showed up as we were arriving, followed by DD and his family 5-10 minutes later.  We didn't have food ready, not that we had promised anything, but we set up a charcuterie board with cheeses and meats.  Like I said, I don't mind people coming over, it just didn't feel like a celebration was in progress.  We gave Boy some gifts we bought him, stuff from his Amazon wish list, I even added one of these Leatherman scissors I have fallen for after buying myself a pair.  They were selling them next door to Central Market and Wife told me to get a pair of them, one for Boy and one for DD, they both like gadgets like that and I think both of them enjoyed them.

    Boy did not last long; I think his inner clock is still off and they left within 20-30 minutes of arriving at the house.  I did tell them to come back the next day and I would have a brisket ready for dinner.  DD and his Wife were there another hour or so before they too left, although they were going back to an apartment that might or might not have running water.  I gave them one of my 5-gallon jugs, so they wouldn't have to worry about drinking water and told them they could come back if they wanted to, they were pretty sure their water would be fixed by the next day.  That was about it for Christmas Eve, Mijo went to bed early so Santa wouldn't miss him, he wanted to make sure he got his PS5, plus I think he was kind of feeling a little sick and worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment