Friday, December 23, 2022

12/21/22 Shopping Has Shifted?

     It did not take that long, but I did notice this year we did not do any of our shopping at the area malls.  It is a bit sad for me, I used to love going out to the mall and walking around, maybe find something new I hadn't seen before, or maybe enjoying a new store opening, with its new ideas and products trying to fit into the rest of what people buy.  Sadly, the mall is probably going to die out as an idea for shopping, there just isn't enough incentive to go and walk around with the sometimes-shady people they allow to hang out all day.

    Most of our Christmas purchases were done online, I won't even say Amazon, but yes, a lot of our gift ideas came from there.  Wife goes even further and jumps out of Amazon and into specific stores, such as her Vera Bradley purse store.  I hate to admit it, but after years of trying to buy her more popular name brand purses like Coach, she insists on using these cloth cheapie bags I wouldn't buy to carry my sweaty shoes if I went to a gym.  which is another thing, we don't even bother exchanging gifts anymore, I always want to go over the top and she would rather I "saved" money, so we are settling on a middle ground and neither one of us gets a gift, yeaih!

    We did go to Best Buy about a month ago, we saw online that they had the newest gaming systems there, in person, for pick up, so we stopped, got it and a couple of new games to take care of Mijo's Christmas gift.  Then we also made one trip to Dillard's, but the stand alone one in Bee Caves, Wife went in there to look at pajamas or something.  We could have gone to the mall, but there is no other incentive for me.  Used to be, I would at least enjoy walking into Ben Bridge and look at the more expensive watches, but then Covid got them to close that store and now they only exist at the Domain.

    I like the idea of shopping at the Domain, all the stores are there, but not necessarily connected to each other and also there is no air conditioning between store-to-store walking.  Each store is so expensive, you can only shop at one place, so the idea works.

    I am writing this on Friday, and we are fixing to go to my in-law's house in San Antonio, so I would love to go walk into the Omega store, which is in their open-air mall, but I don't know if it will be that kind of trip.  I don't know, I have left all the shopping to Wife this year, I kind of have given up, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment