Monday, December 19, 2022

12/18/22 Day Of Rest?

     We are honestly not getting enough of these, but we were finally able to rest on Sunday after the last major wrestling tournament of the year.  With Mijo coming in 3rd, there is a huge monkey off his back whether he can perform well enough to go deep when the district meet comes up in February.  We can worry about that another day.

   For now, we must attend to what is at hand and that is a tired beat-up son.  We probably got home around 10:00pm, all we managed to do was shower and go to sleep.  I got distracted on Friday and never got the chicken I was supposed to get to make mole on Sunday, so I woke up early, at 8:30am, and went to HEB.  Sometimes it is painful to go, but the other option is to wait and then going later is even worse, so I put on my big boy undies and headed out of the house.

    I got too many things probably, like two giant 112 Tide pod canisters, since we were down to our last one, and a couple of the deodorants and hair sprays Wife uses, but that was because I noticed our area where we keep all that stored, and it looked a little bare.  I don't feel like I got a lot of food, but the bill was still over $250.  Still, I like knowing we have enough Tide pods to last half a year.

    Once I took care of that, Wife can't give me too hard of a time.  I got home, Mijo was up, saying his wrist was hurting, but I knew that, so I bought him a brace for his wrist, and it looks to be helping him.  I thought it was weird that he was up, and even weirder that he was sitting outside by himself at 9:30am or so.  I actually jumped when I was putting the groceries away and he walked in thru the back door, totally surprised that he was out there.  I guess when everything hurts, it is hard to stay comfy in bed.

    The rest of the day was pretty chill.  I took a couple of naps and watched a X-mas show with Wife, exactly what I prefer to do on a lazy Sunday.  The day ended with a plate full of Wife's mole, which is more of a take on my mom's mole, which is as Wife says chicken boiled in a can of peanut butter.  I believe "real" mole has like a spoon of peanut butter and another flavor is added to it, but growing up, we loved the taste of peanut butter sauce mixed with rice and chicken.  Over the years, I have pushed Wife to use more and more peanut butter and less of the other stuff.  People say it is disgusting, but it is because they haven't tried it.  This served as a good back drop to go to bed early once again, for another exciting day chasing Mijo and his future.

No comments:

Post a Comment