Sunday, December 11, 2022

12/11/22 Suddenly I Want A New SUV?

     I have been saying I was fine driving the Ford Escape we have and alternating with Wife on driving the Telluride.  There were two events that kind of bothered me and got the idea I should be driving something nicer in my head.  First off, after Girlie's graduation, Mijo and I joined them for lunch.  I was talking to one of her cousins that had gotten about as close as Girlie with us for a while, until she got with a dude that did not like her talking to anyone.  They broke up recently, so we sat next to each other at the table and talked quite a bit, I told her it has been as old as your daughter is that we haven't talked, and she said her older daughter is now fixing to be 10.  Ten years seemed to pass in the blink of an eye, and that is fine but when we were leaving and outside, she asked what I was driving, if I still had my big truck, I sadly said no, I haven't had a truck in a long time.  I was driving Wife's Telluride, which is a very nice vehicle, but I have never considered it mine.  She didn't shame me, she herself drives a Dodge Dart, not a fancy car at all, but I felt at that moment like "I should be driving a vehicle that matches me."

    There was hardly any time to contemplate any of that, we had the wrestling tournament the next day, but when we left, we brought back Mijo, two male friends that spent the night, and his GF and her best friend Mijo's friend's twin sister, who rides with us a lot mostly on that merit because she hardly speaks to me or Mijo.  Either way, we ended up bringing the cooler and bin with all the snacks because when we left all the boys except for one were left, and coach did not want the girls to have to carry the stuff to the bus.  The reality is they were supposed to put the cooler and bin in the bus but could not find it in the parking lot.  After having me drive around the lot looking for the number of the bus the coach said was ours in the Telluride, and not finding it, Mijo said "fuck it, we'll just take it home."  The Telluride was overcrowded, it does not have space behind the 3rd row of seats to put a cooler and bin, which sucks because this would not have been a problem for the Excursion, if I still drove the Excursion.

    This was just another moment where if I had a big SUV of my own, it would be an Expedition, or a Suburban, or maybe even a Yukon, either way, we would have had more room for sitting.  As it was, Mijo fell asleep almost immediately leaving the meet with the cooler on top of him, and his GF by his side.  There are a couple of red Expeditions with 4x4 right now at Maxwell Ford and either of those might do for me.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment