Wednesday, December 7, 2022

12/6/22 Ticket Violation?

     We have now been involved with the Crockett athletics program going on four years, never seemed to be a problem with us going to campus and parking anywhere.  Last night, we went before wrestling practice ended to attend the booster club meeting.  Football is over, there was no real reason for us to be attending, but Wife thought we should.  We got there closer to 7:00pm, even though the meeting started at 6:30pm.  

    There is a curved road where the busses come in and out and most everybody parks in this loop.  Normally, I'll stay and wait in the car, during football practice, I might have gotten off and gone to the field to watch the kids running around.  Well, last night we got off and went inside to the cafeteria, we were only in the booster club for about 20-30 minutes, but by the time we came out, we had a parking violation ticket on the window shield.  This pissed me off so much because we have been parking out here in this same space for the last four years.  I get it if it is during the day, and school is in session, but what does the dopey security guard get out of writing a ticket in the darkness, it was dark before 6:00pm and we didn't get there until almost 7:00pm, so it was after hours, for sure.  There was also a basketball game or some other sport going on because it was packed with cars all over, even in the parking lot down the way, there were plenty of cars.

    I saw the police SUV parked amongst the other people there in the "illegal area" but since we were rushing to get to the meeting, which we were already late for, I didn't think he was there to be a dick, I thought he might be there to keep us safe.  I'll pay the fine, if it wasn't such a jumbled mess.  I immediately called the number on the ticket, there is no indication of how much the ticket is and the lady on the phone said I had called too early to know because it was a handwritten ticket.  I have to wait at least a week or two and call back then, so the ticket has time to enter the system, then they will know how much I owe, but she said it should be between $30-40.  The amount isn't going to kill me, it's the BS of dancing around and trying to figure out how much and where to send it to.  Plus, making us wait two weeks is also just begging to give it enough time to fall off my radar of important shit to take care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment