Wednesday, June 1, 2022

6/1/22 Suddenly, They Are It?

     Baby A got a surprise he was not expecting today when he decided to go to the Senior graduation to see some of his friends at the ceremony.  He said he felt at times sad that he wasn't going to see some of these people ever again, and that is true, I have not seen probably more than half of my classmates from when I graduated, people just sort of disappear as life moves along.  He then also said he felt a weird feeling that he only has one more year to go and it all ends for him.  He went with friends, I was at work, and Wife was driving home from work, so we were not there this time.

    I don't understand it either, but I have already felt a sense of "this is the last time" when I start thinking this will be it, one more year and we will be done with taking our kids to school, which has been my responsibility most of the time.  It is a weird feeling of sadness and gladness somewhere in there.  I have always liked the time to and from, as it gives us a little time to talk during our busy days.  Usually, after school would also include some sort of meal, such as Bill Miller or Whataburger, so the boys were usually happy and sedated, which made for good times.  It will be sad to be ending, but I guess as my coworker tells me "Good riddance to all that running around in rush hour traffic."  I guess that is true, today was kind of a pain in the ass, leaving work right at 5:00pm, getting stuck in that heavy traffic to rush home, pick him up, then to go drop him off at the graduation, and then going right back to work.

    Mijo was saying it has come up in the last few days, and none of his friends wants to talk about them being the seniors now and they get one more year to be students before they graduate.  I am already tearing up at the idea of his last football game, his last this and his last that.

    But I guess it is a rite of passage, we all have to go through it, I still remember playing my saxophone for the last time with the band.  All I can hope for Mijo is that he has as much fun as possible, so he remembers his time positively, I know I felt I had a good time, and honestly, things did get even better in college, so that can be a positive to look forward to.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment