Friday, June 3, 2022

6/2/22 Dropped Off The Snacks?

     Ever since the car show, we have had a huge pile of sodas, water bottles, and snacks, more than initially fit in the Excursion for storage.  Since we brought them over to the house, we had a couple of events to lighten the load.  There was the dance night, which we ended up getting pulled into running the concession stand, and then the powderpuff football game, which again, Wife got suckered into helping to run.  We don't mind helping, and even having the stuff at our house was not bad, but it was all piled up there in the front of the house, viewable by anyone visiting.  This Sunday, the booster club decided to have a "party" of sorts, and they will be offering the sodas and everything here for free to the football players.  We will not be able to attend, as we have a graduation for Wife's nephew on Sunday afternoon.  I would have liked to attend the football player's thing; it will be in the park next to the school, but family comes first.

    Since we won't be going, the booster club wanted to make sure they would have access to the stuff, so today we got the call, to see the best way that they could get all the cases of stuff.  Wife, of course, loves to volunteer me to do shit.  She told the lady "Oh yeah, Mando will go drop off the stuff at your house."  With so much bravado without asking me if I was available.  I was putzing around the house deciding if I wanted to clean the house, maybe nap, maybe go buy some fajitas for tonight.  Then, just like that, my day was decided for me.

    It wasn't too bad, I guess.  I was surprised once we started moving the cases that there was more stuff than I thought.  There must have been about 10 cases of water, maybe 10-13 cases of sodas, boxes and boxes of chips, then a big bin full of assorted smaller snacks, like peanut butter on crackers and such.

    We took off without really checking with the booster club lady, same one that helped put Cougar logo on the teddy bear we gave the state wrestler, but she had said someone would be at the house.  It took a minute for her to respond, but her younger daughter was there.  We dropped off everything and got the hell out of there.  It was nice, actually, to come back home and not have that huge pile of stuff by the door.  I hope the kids have a good time at the park, I think we could have made it better, might have even taken sausages and hot dogs, but the day chosen was not great for us.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment