Thursday, June 9, 2022

6/8/22 First Football Camp?

     I am excited that Baby A will be attending his first summer football camp.  I kind of like that it is at the UT campus.  At this point, I don't know if I will be able to view the practice or not, but either way, it is an exciting time for Mijo as he gets to go out there and see the competition from a different perspective.  He has gotten many offers to go to camps, but he has been hesitating, I feel that it is part laziness and part scared of the unknown, plus it's summer, I know part of him wants to just be home in the A/C.

    I went out with the intention to buy him new socks, I noticed when I am washing that he is down to about 2-3 pairs of socks, and I can see through some of them.  I don't know where all his socks have gone, I bought him a couple of good quality Nike ankle socks, which he likes, 2 twelve packs in Christmas plus probably another two packs at the start of the school year and they all seem to be gone.  I told Wife I was at Academy, and she suggested I buy him some shorts, so I made it a shopping spree.  He does not like to shop and acts like a child when we are looking for clothes, so I just chose stuff I like.  He'll wear whatever we give him, but of course, he is lucky, in that I like the nicer stuff.  I bought him a pair of "warm-ups" that aren't supposed to be hot, I know this boy and he likes to cover up and he will wear warm-ups in 100-degree weather.  I also got him about 4-5 new shorts in different materials, but they all stretch, so he can choose what feels best for him tomorrow.  As my mom said, he should look good in front of all these new kids, which I agree.  I know he'll just say "It doesn't matter what you look like, it's what you do on the field.

    I know that the camp is supposed to be minimal contact, they are only supposed to wear shorts and shirts, but I've also seen these types of camps on Youtube and the boys do get aggressive with one another.  It didn't help having to fill out a waiver that it is not the fault of the University or the coaching staff if our son gets hurt or worse.  I know those forms are for the lawyers, but it still makes me nervous, I see some of these "boys" are walking around at 6ft 5in in height with baby faces still in their teens.  My son says he likes bringing those boys down to size, so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment