Friday, June 24, 2022

6/23/22 Booster Club Members? (part 1 of 2)

     Last night was the kick-off Booster Club meeting and I have to say, it was interesting.  Basically, it solidified why I don't like doing stuff like this, in general.  People just have a need to make more out of the tiniest thing, which I guess is part of the human experience.  I just showed up because it was held at the Conan's Pizza next to the school and the manager/owner was kind enough to bring free pizzas for the team when we had the car show.  I wanted to show some gratitude and buy some food since it is kind of out of the way and not a place we would normally eat at on a regular basis.

    First off, the meeting started at 6:30pm, but I didn't get out of work until 6:15pm, and it turned out Wife had gotten stuck in traffic, so we both got home around 6:30pm.  We then rushed over, with the meeting already started, Wife went to listen, and I ordered us a couple of pizzas and some drinks.  The discussion seemed to be all over the place, which made it hard to listen, and then we didn't fit on the big table they had assembled since we showed up late.  I was more interested in eating, so I didn't mind sitting on a side table.  Baby A tagged along, mostly because he heard we were going to a pizza place, not because he cares about hearing old people talk about how we are going to feed a football team.  Wife got herself over there with the meeting, Mijo and I were farther away arguing over the best way to eat pizza.  I was using a fork because the pizza was super-hot when it arrived, and I couldn't use my fingers without risking burning them.  He's mouthing to me to put the fork down; I am embarrassing him, and I am telling him to use a fork, so he won't burn his mouth.  I then proceed to watch his eyes bulge out as he bites the pizza and he clearly burns his mouth, spitting most of the pan pizza out, with all that hot cheese and sauce.  I just smile and point at the extra fork I put on the table for him.  He still refuses to use it, but he stops looking at me with his dead eyes and smiles because he knows I won.

    Once we ate, I could focus more of my attention to the meeting.  This is really serious stuff, for some people.  To me, tell me to buy some pizzas, fine, or make some burgers, pain in the ass, but fine.  These people are treating the club, and I guess someone has to, as a business entity.  Constantly talking about minutes, and codes, it just all goes over my head, because I don't care that way.  I care about the boys getting fed, of course, but the need for a whole system set up to "fund raise" seems strange to me.  I guess once money is involved, it has to be done a certain way.

(con't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment