Monday, June 13, 2022

6/13/22 Celebrating Wife's Nephew's Graduation?

     One more time, is all I keep telling myself, it seems like there has been something or other going on since the start of the year.  Not that I have a problem going over there, I like my in-laws, it's just that every weekend is filled with one more thing.  I can't figure how we used to own a boat and have time to go to the lake every weekend or whatever it was.  Either way, this one was scheduled for 6:30pm and we probably arrived 15 minutes late, but it was alright.

    They rented the clubhouse, which is the neighborhood building next to the swimming pool.  It isn't the fanciest of places, but it is a big open room, and was just right for what this became.  When we arrived, I thought it was a bit too much as I saw the normal faces and thought this could all have happened at my in-law's house.  Gradually, more and more people showed up that I wasn't familiar with, these were the family on the kid's dad's side, which Wife keeps telling me I've met multiple times, but I never talk to them, so I can't remember.  Either way, by 8:00pm the place was pretty much full, with both sides of the family and about two tables of high school kids that I assume graduated with our nephew.

    I had talked to Wife's sister's man (technically not married but been together most of the 18 years this kid has existed) about the menu.  He is a great cook, as far as briskets and stuff goes.  I was telling him, mostly joking at the graduation, to make a small brisket for us.  The menu was going to be chicken fajitas, which is fine, but I always want a little more.  When we got there, he pulled me aside and told me to ask for the "Big Man plate".  I got a foil pack full of beef fajitas, which were very good, and made the table a little jealous, which just made them taste better.

    After we ate, we saw a 15-minute video of pictures taking us from the kid being a baby to a graduate, it was sappy and cute as they always are.  I liked seeing both my boys in several pictures.  This was then followed by more food, there was a fruit break, with watermelon, pineapples, and strawberries, and finally we were allowed to hit the dessert tables, which were filled with so many sweets.  I even brought a box home afterward.

    I was surprised that they had a DJ and that the people even started dancing.  It was mostly the kids, but Wife and her sisters got on the dance floor multiple times.  Mijo was taken out to dance by all his aunts, and I do believe he is getting better at it, he is starting to use his hips more.  all in all, it was a good time, and we were home by 11:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment