Monday, June 27, 2022

6/26/22 Non-Relaxing Relaxing Saturday?

     It seems like we finally got past all the graduations and celebrations galore from 2022.  Overall, it was fine, shoot, one of the graduates was one of mine, so I definitely shouldn't mind, it still seemed like non-stop weekend after weekend of going and doing something requiring various levels of dressing up.  I just want to sit around in my shorts (better yet, underwear) and not have to interact too much.

    On Friday night my sister did actually show up, but it was late, after 10:00pm.  Since we had been out at the football camp and the sun totally killed us, we did not stay up to chit chat.  I got up, Mijo ran down and opened the door for them, and we were all asleep by probably 11:00pm, or that was my interpretation of the night.  I was up Saturday early (I almost always am) and sat in the kitchen like I like to do.  Eventually they came down, talked with me for a bit, but they were in a hurry to go to Academy to pick up baseball socks or something and then to pick up their older one from the weeklong camp he went to.

    Wife got up, close to noon, Mijo then got up and before we knew it, he was getting ready to go to an arcade.  We thought it was going to be the one in Buda, which Boy would go to occasionally, but it was one on Riverside, close to downtown.  He didn't give us a time, simply saying I will call you later.  Wife gave him some money, and we left.

    It was nice at first, Wife and I went to eat lunch at Mandola's, then we went home to wait for his call.  This turned into a long wait.  I was sure that as soon as I tried falling asleep, he would be calling, but the hours stretched out.  This caused some stress, normally this boy does not do activities that don't require a gym for too long.  I ended up napping, then we were woken to images of protestors downtown from my sister.  She was worried about us, then we were worried about Mijo being so close to downtown, he was on this side of the river, not on the downtown side.  I texted him, he seemed oblivious to the outside world, so I chose not to worry him.

    We didn't pick him up until almost 7:00pm, then we went to eat dinner at Red Robin, burgers all around.  After this, I was done.  We went home and that was pretty much the night.  I think Mijo was tired after being out all day after having done the football camp Friday.  We were in our respective rooms early and asleep before midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment