Monday, June 20, 2022

6/20/22 Father's Day At My In-Law's?

     Fathers barely get recognized as it is, and now we are going to have to compete with Juneteenth, fucking awesome.  For us, I had kind of made some lame-ish plans, since my sister had come on Saturday and I made a brisket and sausages for them, I thought it would be cool if we just made some good old-fashioned steaks, New York Strips, to be exact.  I went to the store Saturday morning, while my brisket was smoking, and bought three steaks for the three of us, I envisioned us being home and maybe even jumping in the pool, for a while in the afternoon.

    All that changed, with a phone call.  Wife got a call from her sister, I think, that they were going to make some barbeque, if we wanted to join them.  I was already hesitating to go out and starting the grill, so when Wife suggested we go, it did not take too much prodding.  I know Mijo did not want to go, he wanted to just stay home and relax, he is still hobbling around with his cramped-up/pulled hamstring.  Either way, we eventually all got showered and we left.  I didn't even bother trying to dress up, wearing the same shirt I wore for Easter, with some chocolate bunnies on the front.

    The meal was good, it always is, but it was missing a main meat.  There were ribs, chicken, sausages, and other variations of those, such as whole chicken and chicken strips (fajita style).  I was a tad bothered that we waited for Wife's brother, only because we have gone over plenty of times and if we are late, everyone will have already eaten, and we basically eat leftovers, the food is always great, but they don't ait for us like they were waiting for the brother.  I was giving my mother-in-law a hard time about that, like "I guess we know who the favorite is."  She insisted we were waiting on the beans, which he was bringing.  When they finally gave in and said, "go ahead and eat."  I of course had to make it like the meal was incomplete because there weren't any beans.

    All in all, it was a fine time.  I drove down there, but after eating as much as I did, I just wanted to lay down somewhere.  We got in the car to come back to Austin (Wife drove back), and I did not make it to the freeway, from their house, I fell asleep.  I woke up near San Marcos, about an hour later, and we got home after in good time.  This was yet another weekend that was not "restful", it seems like we don't get those type of weekends anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment