Saturday, June 4, 2022

6/3/22 Baby In Our Midst?

    It was an interesting Saturday afternoon (I know, I am a day behind) I must say.  First off, I have been fighting exactly what I didn't want to, in the pool.  With the addition of the Polaris cleaner, I am having to improve the piping that sends and receives the water to the filter and pump, today I found that I needed to install a baffle to the water return.  I sucked up a part of the Polaris and then it proceeded to get jammed up and stop the pump from working.  I figured out what I need to do, but it was too hot in the afternoon to do it, so maybe tomorrow.
    I had to come in and shower before 6:00pm, because we got a surprise visitor today, DD's baby came over for a visit for a few hours.  We had invited them last week over for BBQ, and the discussion of us watching the baby for a few hours came up.  Wife loved the idea, and said yes, so it was on.  I didn't have a problem with the baby getting dropped off, but I surely needed Wife to do the bulk of the work.  The baby was great, he is 4 months old now, and he is a pretty good baby.  He only cried once when Baby A tried changing him to his sleeping outfit, apparently Mijo grabbed his little chubby leg in a way he didn't like, and he let out a piercing scream.  I was moving the clothes from the washer to the dryer and had to stop and come check out what had happened.  Wife was laughing that the baby had told Mijo to take it easy.  Other than this, the baby spent most of the time either in Wife's arms, or in Mijo's lap, kind of sitting and watching TV with us.
    I personally don't feel comfortable carrying/holding babies until they are bigger and can support themselves.  The thought that I could accidentally hurt them makes me worry about handling them when they are tiny.  I supported Wife by getting up and making her a couple of milk bottles, and by taking care of the washer and dryer for Wife.
    DD and his wife wanted to do an exercise of leaving the baby for a few hours with us, so they can have some alone time away from the baby.  The wife said she had only been away one other time, and the baby stayed with DD, does that even count?  Afterwards, we told them we could watch the baby anytime we are home, as long as we don't have plans, it is no bother.  
    I kind of like having this baby at the house, it feeds my yearning for my own son to try and have one.  My son keeps saying it will be many years before they get there, if they ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment