Sunday, June 19, 2022

6/19/22 Sister came For A Visit?

     It was a little different, but my sister and her family came for a visit yesterday.  I say it was different because usually when anyone comes, my parents are involved.  This might have been the first time my sister, her hubby, and two kids came without the extended family also joining.  The reason for their visit was to get their older boy with a group that is doing a science camp.  As I understood, they are leaving from here and spending a day or two at the coast and a couple more days here and there.  I did not get the full itinerary, but it is a week-long, and he is going with a group in which he doesn't know anyone.  I would be very nervous to go with a group I did not know at all, but that is just me.

    I offered my sister the choice of going out to eat or smoking a brisket, and they chose the brisket here at home.  I got up super early, at 5:00am, so I would have enough time to prepare the meat for their arrival, more or less.  She estimated they would get here around 3:00pm, and they did arrive here around 3:30pm, so that was good.  By that time, I had already taken the brisket out of the grill and was letting it "rest" in the turned off oven.  It probably sat for an hour, while I kicked up the temperature of the grill, and then I cooked/grilled some sausages.  While we waited for that prepare, we sat at the table and talked.  I had bought a watermelon and even a melon, which I cut up and we shared that as a snack before dinner.  The brisket was a little gummy, but the flavor poured through, it was delicious tasting.

    Their plan was to go to the movies, but after being on the road since Thursday, I think they preferred to just stay in and take it easy.  We sat and talked until around 6:30pm.  At that point, we went to Walmart, so they could get supplies for the kid, such as shampoo, travel deodorant, and whatever other supplies he might need, I don't know if he was given a list of things to look up.  We just went through the food section and picked out a couple of unnecessary food items.  We were back at the house by 8:30pm and by that point, I was really out of it, since I had gotten up so early, I was looking for the bed.  My sister and her husband went to the guest room upstairs and when it looked like they weren't coming back down, we decided to do the same.  Wife and I headed to our room, and I was asleep probably before 10:00pm.  I know I woke up at 11:30pm and was surprised it was still early like that.  I felt I had already slept quite a bit.

    Sunday morning, I woke up early to make sure and not miss them leaving.  They were out the door before 10:00am.  At this point, I got up at 7:30am.  I am ready to go back to bed and nap some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment