Friday, June 10, 2022

6/10/22 Weird Week Without WIfe?

     Wife has been in Ft. Worth since Tuesday for a conference.  This left baby A and I at home alone doing what we do best.  These weeks have been so hectic, there really wasn't even time to miss her.  Monday started off super crazy with taking Mijo to morning weight training from 9:00am to noon.  This was followed by bringing him home, although he dragged butt coming out because he was discussing the 7V7 football scrimmage that he was thrown into at the last minute.  We got home after picking up some Bill Miller, he ate, showered, went back for wrestling practice (not official, but the mats are open, and they can spar to keep their agility and form up).  I went to work at this time, about 2:00pm, but he was getting out at 3:30pm.  I did not feel like working, so I did the bare minimum and texted my boss I was going to take the rest of the day off to go watch my kid do his 7V7 thing.  I picked him up maybe 40 minutes late, but he had walked to Dairy Queen and waited with a drink in hand.  I picked him up, took him home, he changed, and we were out the door.  We did not get back home from the scrimmages until 10:00pm.  Wife was already in bed; I went up and kissed her goodnight then went to shower.

    Tuesday was similar, take him to weight training, then I went to work.  Because I was out Monday, I felt a little guilty and thought I would give it a little more effort, so I stayed my full shift and worked my butt off.  By the time I got out, Wife was getting ready for bed, we talked while I drove home, then that was the day.  Mijo ate baked chicken which I had made in the morning, because I had intended it to be dinner Monday, but we ate out after the scrimmage.

    Wednesday was pretty identical to Tuesday, I stayed late at work, but at this point, it was looking like we are finally getting caught up with a lot of work that had been piling up because of our tool down issues of the past few weeks.  I even managed to prep about what was left for Thursday, so I could just come in, run that small amount of work, and hopefully get home at a decent hour.  It worked out pretty well, I was able to get those samples run, and I was home in time to grill Mijo and myself some steaks out on the grill.  At this point, I did miss Wife a bit, being home early is when I do like her to be here, but oh well, I sat and watched a movie by myself.

    It is now Friday morning, I got up, folded a load of clothes that was left in the washer by Mijo, I moved it to the dryer at midnight, then drank my coffee.  I went and made sure he was awake (about 9:30am), then made some tacos so he eats something and has plenty of time to do his business and get ready.  We are now just waiting for this 1:00pm start time to the football camp and he is a bag of nerves right now, not knowing what to expect.

    Wife will be here early, she said she would be done by noon, so hopefully when we get out of the camp at 5:00pm, she will be home.  If all the weeks pass by like this, we will not even notice going through the summer, we need to slow down somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment