Thursday, June 23, 2022

6/22/22 It's Looking Like Wife Wants Me Dead?

     As I am getting older and slower, I think Wife realizes she missed out on trading me in like an old car and getting a newer model.  The best thing she can do now is put me in an "accidental situation" and hope for the best.  Maybe she just expects me to do my part around here, who knows.

    We kind of bought the older 2013 Escape partly so Mijo could have a starter car to learn how to drive and if it turned out to be good, Wife would drive it to work, so we don't destroy the Telluride treating it solely as a commuter car, it is our newest family vehicle, if we ever venture out again on vacations and such.  A couple months ago, she stopped driving the Escape (she was alternating one week one car, the next week, the other) because some plastic protective shield underneath got loose.  The car rides real low, it is a small car, and I think I might have ridden up on one of those wheel stops at a store or restaurant.  She had been on me (dare I say, harassing me) to get it fixed.  You can't simply take any screw and shove it into the holes, these are metal into metal screws, so I had to figure out what the right screws to use.  I got the right screws a while back, but with the heat, I surely did not want to bother dropping down to my knees and working underneath the car.  Another problem is that I don't fit under the car.  If the car has 1 inches of clearance underneath, I must be that much fatter, my head barely fits underneath to look at the problem.

    I don't know why, but yesterday I got home after dropping off Mijo at weight training and said it is time, to myself.  I got off, went straight to the garage, well I turned on my coffee maker, and I got the screws, my knee pads, and my drill, the screws had a hexagonal star head, so I had to use a weird bit to drive it in, not a regular screwdriver.  After spending a whole 2 minutes fixing the problem, I was pretty proud of myself.  I showed Wife how I had bravely got under the car, in this summer heat and did my manly duty.  She then told me she would take the car in the morning.  I went off to work, and although a rarity, I worked until 1:30am (we are sharing our analysis tool at the moment, so it took me longer than normal to start running samples).  

    On my way home, I "HAD TO" stop for gas, the car was down to 40 miles to empty and I couldn't have Wife gassing it up in the morning on the road.  It is a lot more intense stopping and gassing up now than when I used to do it all the time.  I scanned the gas station and there didn't seem to be any homeless around, I stopped, got off, and right on cue, some old car pulling a U-Haul with a single dude stops on the other side of the pumps, but I had already grabbed the gas.  I had an eye on him, because he did not even line up to get gas, then he starts walking around.  I guess, now, that the door must've been closed on our side of the pumps, so he had to walk around to the other side, but in my periphery, he was just loitering outside a gas station at 2:00am.  He never did approach me, but I was vigilant, I've seen people protect themselves by dousing assailants with the gas hose, so I was ready to pull it out and give him a flammable wash.

    All this freaking stress of getting gas for Babe, and I get up in the morning to take Mijo to practice (yes, it is the story of my life right now), and my loving jackass didn't even take the car.  I guess she just told me to gas it up for fun.  I could've waited for the morning, which was my plan before she told me she would be taking it.  Between making me work in the sun, getting underneath small cars and then forcing me to go to gas stations in the middle of the night, she will get me murdered one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment