Thursday, October 8, 2020

10/8/20 A Little Ghetto But Still A Solution?

     It seems that life must continue even in the age of Covid-19.  My parents have not been up to visit since maybe January or February.  I know my mom loves coming up to visit and to take in the sites and the mall and she always enjoys a good meal out somewhere different.  My dad does not really feel the same way, he is happy enough to stay home and just watch football all day, even if it's the UT-USC championship game from 2005 which they seem to show all the time on the Longhorn network.

    Mom had kept saying they couldn't or wouldn't come up because she was terribly worried my dad and even her would get the virus just by being up here where just looking at the data, it seems thousands of people get infected daily.  For most of the spring and most of the summer I didn't even see them and everyone in my family took the quarantine orders very seriously, I mean nobody was going anywhere except to get food and medicines when needed.

    Now, with Baby Jesus, his cousin down in Crystal City playing football and even my niece being active with the cheerleaders, it seems everyone is out of the house getting exposed daily.  Everyone is reluctantly back at work in whatever capacity they are going through, but like it or not, everyone is potentially being exposed to the world.

    My mom then started changing her story with a "we would come visit but there is no space for us to sleep in."  I told her there is the guest room upstairs where Boy has all his 3D printers (the guest room downstairs is where DD is staying).  Her response is that my dad cannot be climbing the stairs up and down all day, his legs barely allow him to take the 1.5 steps outside to get out of the house.  I've seen him, he does absolutely no effort to exercise so he is as stiff and inflexible as a corpse that manages to breath, I mean, rigor mortis is setting in on the man because he refuses to move more than he has to.  His biggest form of exercise is flicking through Tik-Tok daily until that wears him out then he goes and lays down to watch CNN and repeat.

    I jokingly suggested I would move the king bed in the guest room upstairs down to the room that is supposed to be the dining room and she liked the idea saying it would allow my dad a place to lay down and watch TV on the first floor and be right next to the kitchen.  Well, tonight after Wife went to bed, I did some measurements, moved the theater chairs that ate up most of the room  90 degrees to how they were and it opened the room up to allow the bed to fit.  I had to vacuum and even clean the wall, those chairs had not been moved in 14 years or so.  The bed fits pretty good, I think it is great for watching TV, this is where I hung the plasma about the time we moved in back in 2007.  The TV still looks very good and even I think I found a new place to nap when I get sleepy during the day, it seems inviting.  Wife just told me I better keep the bed made so it doesn't look all nasty now that the bed is out of the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment