Sunday, October 4, 2020

10/4/20 Second Oil Change For Telluride?

     I decided to be nice and take Wife's SUV to get its second oil change.  The first one was done after 7,500 miles per the onboard computer and KIA's recommendation.  I didn't feel comfortable about it, but that is what it said to do.  For the second one, Wife started getting e-mail alerts that it was time when she was only at 12,000 miles, while the SUV still showed the second one was due at 15,000 miles.  I took it in with around 13,000 miles so she would stop worrying about it.  

    I managed to do this on a very busy Thursday afternoon before Baby Jesus's first real game of the season.  I dropped him off on campus at 3:00pm, then headed to KIA on I-35.  While the oil change was done, I walked over to Ford to check out some of the new Ford F-250 Tremor trucks.  They are the first dedicated Superduty Ford F-250 off road package and it is a thing of beauty.  It is lifted and they introduced a new gas engine with 430HP and 475ft lbs of torque, pretty good numbers for a gas engine.  I was really tempted with the one they had to show which was sort of sea foam green grey and lifted up to about my thighs for the cab.  I was not crazy about the interior being cloth with the XLT package, but it was only $60,000.  The Lariat, fully loaded all black version also sitting there but kind of hidden was a little more at $71,000.  Wife said "get it, if you want, trade in the Excursion."  I can't do that, plus we just bought her SUV and we did buy a smaller commuter SUV which I just made the first payment on last week.  I am thinking maybe in a year or so, I will be getting myself something along the lines of this truck.

    I walked back over to Kia and waited for the SUV to get done, which took another 15 minutes or so.  Since Wife is alternating the frequency of taking the Telluride and the Ecosport, this oil change may last a while.  We are already in October, so the year is winding down, but Covid-19 is still around, so there is that to deal with.  I want it gone before the end of the year, I can't imagine another year of continued BS, but who knows.

    After all my running around and getting this done before the football game, it was nice I got to park it at home and then go to the game in a different car, so much for going out of my way.  She said she was trying to avoid some asshole scratching it in the parking lot, which I guess the Ecosport avoids because it is a smaller dinkier vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment