Tuesday, October 6, 2020

10/6/20 Took Boy For Some New Pants?

     The weekend Boy found out he had gotten the new job with Applied Materials Wife's first thought was "Babe, we need to take Mijo out to buy him new clothes for his job..."  I was sitting watching the Longhorns playing in the living room and all I could muster was an "AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  DD, listen to this woman." as I got the attention of Boy's friend that lives with us in the guest room downstairs.  "She thinks I should take that 26 year old man to buy him clothes for his new job."  He started laughing but more with an "aw geez, I wish someone would buy me clothes and dress me for work."  I had a great laugh, not at Boy, but at Wife acting like our son is still a little kid.

    I know Mijo hasn't worked since January, but I also took him clothes shopping in February or March so he would have new clothes to interview when and if they called.  It took awhile, but he is all set.  Also, he had been working and qualified for unemployment and I mean that nice Trump unemployment with the extra $600 every two weeks, so because he lives here at home, rent free, he has managed to grow the money in his savings considerably.  All he spends money on has been eating and at some point buying a new computer and his cell phone.  Of course, I am a winnie and couldn't really leave him out in the cold.

    I asked him what he really needed, I do fully support my boys in any way I can.  He said he had plenty of shirts that looked new, but he could use some pants.  Most of his pants are the "cool" type with holes all over them.  We went to Men's Wearhouse on Saturday afternoon here in Southpark Meadows and although they did not have a large selection, he was still able to find a new jean without holes and two slacks that would work well with dress shirts.  I was willing to buy him a couple shirts or even a sport coat, but he said he was fine with just he pants and then he grabbed some dress socks while we were checking out.  We didn't go to the mall because it is a little farther and honestly, we haven't been there since around February, I am scared to go and see nothing but an empty shell of a building.

    He seems excited to get back to the working world and I am a little excited at the thought of him finally paying for his SUV payment and gas credit card.  This might be the little help I need to finally get myself a new truck.  Oh yeah, I forgot, I told Wife I wouldn't get a truck until we pay off the last two big credit cards we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment