Friday, October 23, 2020

10/23/20 Pissed Off By Better Things?

     I should listen to Wife more often, as most of you would tell me.  I really like the actress Pamela Adlon, she is quirky, did the voice of Bobby Hill in King Of The Hill, she was the little sister in Grease 2 years ago, and I have always liked her.  She plays the mom in the show Better Things, which is on its fifth season whenever it starts up again and is supposed to be based loosely on her personal life, but man, she is raising some asshole daughters, if the show is anywhere near to life.  I can't say whether any of it really holds up to her real life, but there is spoiled and then there is what she has allowed this little monster bitches to become.  Wife saw half an episode and said "nope, I can't stand weak whiny bitches like that."  I have stuck through it, but had stopped I guess midway through the second to last episode of season 3.  I watch it at work when I get bored and can't find anything else, it is on Hulu.

    First off, in the show, she is divorced, fine, half of America is divorced nowadays.  She has three girls of about 19, 15, and 11, not a great time at that age, as we are always told.  Her mother lives next door, and she is a weird detached old lady, suffering a little from Alzheimer's and wanting to be like proper English where she won't just let her guard down and hug a child like they are supposed to be hugged.  She has huge issues and keeps Pam at a distance, but yet, needs her constantly to do things for her, I don't feel much love between the two.  The oldest daughter made the biggest stink and threw the hardest tantrums she needed to go to New York for college only to drop out because she couldn't be without mother and the trappings of home after three weeks.  The middle daughter is gay, or she identifies as gay, and that is fine, but dam, she is a huge dick, just not a likable character.  The younger daughter seems the most normal, but with these two class acts to follow, the wheels have to come off at some point.

    I don't know if it was just a bad episode, but last night's that I saw, the middle daughter is in a poem recital thing and she does a fine job, pretty emotional job onstage, but when mom comes to hug her after the show, suddenly she acts like "mom, don't touch me, you're embarrassing me."  and she walks off with some friends.  I didn't understand how or why Pam allowed this.  It may sound stupid but my boys know I am not above putting on a show of stupidity if they make me look a fool in public.  Shit, if they tried leaving me there to walk off with friends I would get loud, I would attack the friends, these little shits need to know who they belong to.  In the show, the middle kid just disappears for two weeks, living with friends, and we see her hanging out with homeless people, eating in cool little hangouts.  I don't know if this is just a California thing, but it was disgusting and I had to stop watching.  Pam even goes and tries to reach out to her in one scene and the daughter just acts like she has power and demeans her mom to leave because she is "studying" but there is never an explanation of why she left home, and the mom just leaves, like a big pussy.  Blechhh!!!

    I then went on Google to look for a rhyme or reason and only managed to find a bunch of reviews giving the show 4.5 stars out of 5 and other positive vibes.  I can't get onboard when the shit doesn't make sense.  She needs to act like a mother and get those assholes in line.  Otherwise, she will be supporting those deadbeats her whole life.  I guess she has the funds to do that, she has been on TV and movies since childhood, but if the tradeoff is raising shitty kids, then I am glad I am where I am at.

No comments:

Post a Comment