Friday, October 16, 2020

10/16/20 I Thought Boy Had Become A Secret Alcoholic?

     Boy and Sweetie went to Dallas over a month ago to visit some friends they have up there, and they are actually swinging by this way this weekend, but that is not today's thought.  When they came back, we ended up having dinner, I believe we had grilled so we sat and ate, no big deal.  Well, Boy had this odd looking can and I don't know why, I assumed it was some sort of alcoholic beer, actually, I had bought some seltzers to try because they are supposedly low in carbs, but there isn't much to the taste, again, that doesn't matter, except the cans looked similar.

   So what am I to do about my son drinking beer or a cooler with his meal, he is 26 and not a child and he is home?  I figured I wouldn't say anything, I'll just be cool.  Maybe going to Dallas got something in him going, but I guess adults drink if they want to.  Just a few weeks ago, I was floored when I found out one of my nephew's on Wife's side is drinking.  What I did wonder is that Boy is being very nonchalant about his alcoholic drinks, just leaving them on the floor after we told him to clean his Yeti cooler.  He only uses it when they go out of town, it is a big one and he'll just leave it in the kitchen for a week or two until we say something.  So, he cleaned it out and managed to put all the drinks in an HEB grocery bag.  Then he left them on the floor against the wall in the kitchen.  One they line up with the dog water bowl, they could stay there for a year.

    Well, I did a project where I hung some wall cabinets in the kitchen but on a thick wall, so I was able to put the cabinets in the wall.  I had to move some studs and when I pulled one out, I kind of threw it to the side.  It hit one of the cans just right and I heard the fizz and spray of the contents inside the bag.  Nothing came out, so I grabbed the bag and dumped the cans into the sink to rinse the good ones.  I finished my project with the cabinets and it looks great, and then as I was cleaning everything up, I rinsed the cans to put them in the fridge.  I had a good chuckle when I saw that what I thought was my son's alcohol is merely flavored seltzer water, it doesn't even have sugar, much less alcohol.  He came out of his room a minute ago saying he napped too long, so he couldn't sleep (it is 2:30am on Thursday night into Friday).  I told him how I thought and Sweetie explained to me that he is trying to cut out sodas, so he has been drinking these.  I have one to try since they are sugar free but I have to say I am not impressed.  It is pretty bland with the slightest hint of flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment