Sunday, October 11, 2020

10/11/20 Back To The Mall?

     It had been since around mid February the last time we went to the mall, but we returned today to a slightly different place of commerce.  The same structure stands, but the energy inside clearly is that of a figure in his twilight years.  The biggest surprise for me was seeing Ben Bridge where I had bought a couple of Rolex watches over the last 15 years, close its doors.  I usually go and say hi to the sales lady who worked with me the last time, but when I saw the doors were closed tight, I never even walked that leg of the mall.  I did manage to get upstairs at one point and Helzberg Diamonds which is across from the closed store sells some used Rolex watches, so I popped in but don't like to really slow down because the sales people are a little pushy every time.  I saw what they had, and quickly started turning away as a sales lady started her pitch.  I said "no, thank you." and kept moving.  As I made it to the outside, I heard a lady call my name from within which made me turn, nobody really should know me here.  It was the sales lady from Ben Bridge who said she was just hired a few weeks ago by them and she said she was happy to see first my wife walking by then both of us together.  It was nice to see an old familiar face, we talked for a few minutes about what has been going on in each other's lives dealing with Covid-19 and then walked out.

    The main reason for going was because my folks are in town and my mom wanted to go check it out.  I wanted to get Baby Jesus some new tennis shoes.  He has been wearing the same ones from last year and now that he cut the grass in them, they got a green sheen over the red  and they look old and nasty.  He could not find any he liked in his size, we asked for about 3 different shoe styles.  Boy did manage to find a couple more pants at Men's Wearhouse and I was surprised to find they were on sale.  On the rack, the pants seemed to be $79.99 to $149.99 and I told him to get a pair or two, but then when we rang up the two he chose it was only $38.  I asked the lady if she got the two pants and she said all pants were an extra 40% off.  All I could say was "cool beans."

    Other than that, the mall was pretty uneventful.  It was a little unsettling just walking around with other people all around.  I can say the mall was not very crowded but still thinking "does this person have corona?"  I was kind of glad to get out of the mall, actually, I don't think I will feel fully comfortable hanging out in a public place until Covid-19 is behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment