Friday, October 23, 2020

10/22/20 Boy Is Just Like His Dad?

     The things you find in similarities with your kids can be interesting.  Baby A might be built like me, a husky frame that might get fat later in life if he enjoys eating too much.  Boy will probably never be a big fat person but what he lacks in size, he matches me in spirit.  There isn't a tool or gadget he won't be tempted to buy.  Last night he was in the kitchen breaking in a donut maker.  I have no idea why someone would need to buy a donut maker when they are so abundant here in town.  We have Krispy Kreme, Dunking Donuts, Shipley's, and then HEB, Walmart and so many other stores sell their versions of donuts, but our son saw the gadget and he decided he needed one.

    It was only last week we were at the mall with my mom, and I found it really annoying that both Wife and Baby A both tell me "I don't need anything" even as I went to the mall specifically wanting to buy my son new tennis shoes.  He ended up choosing some online, complaining because they were $120 and that seemed like too much but Grandma jumped in and said she wanted to treat Mijo and she bought them, which was very nice.  They came in a couple days ago and they look sharp on his feet.  Boy, on the other hand, has tons of dress shoes but his new job requires steel toe shoes, so he causally mentions we should help him out to get some dress shoes that have steel toes in them.  I looked online and they do not really come down below $150.  We'll probably order some for him, I want to help him out in getting started.  Sounds like he is set with this job in the future, he'll be making a fine salary.

    After installing my cabinets and realizing I was kind of short handed on my electrical connection stuff, I decided I would go to Lowe's last night, we didn't have anything better to do and Wife did want to look at Halloween decorations, and I bought me a dedicated accessory box for electrical doodads like fuses that could work on the Halloween/Christmas decorations, connectors if I have to splice any more wires, new hex drivers, Boy loves misplacing my tools, and other things.  Basically, I got about $130 worth of things I might use one day.  Just this weekend, I was looking in Boy's printer room and noticed he has a couple of small dehydrators, turns out the filament he uses doesn't perform well when exposed to humid environments.  I started thinking of a better solution than a bunch of beef jerky machines all over the room and he didn't hesitate telling me that there are some refrigerator sized storage devices as well as some that will hang on the wall.  He sent me in the direction of Amazon and to go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment