Wednesday, October 7, 2020

10/7/20 Even Long Weekends Go By Fast?

     Where does the time go?  I was off from Thursday until Monday evening, yet this weekend did not seem restful at all.  Thursday was fraught with all things football.  I dropped off Baby Jesus at school at 2:20pm, ran to get an oil change before game time.  After that, I went to Best Buy to buy a camera bag that I was then not allowed to take into the game because for some reason, they only allow clear bags to school functions.  Wife came into town, we headed to the football game at Hays' Football field.  The game started at 7:30pm and we did not get home until after 11:00pm.  By the time my son ate and showered it was after midnight.  We then went with Wife down to Crystal City, which means we got up at 4:30am, took a quick shower and got going.  I then spent the day with my folks until Wife got off from work.  Baby Jesus also had to stay on the computer until slightly after 4:00pm because he is doing his online classes.  We left and got back to Austin around 8:00pm.  It should have been faster, but there is construction along I-35, south of San Antonio.  There wasn't much left for us to do, but instead of going and getting food somewhere, I decided I was going to make us wings at home.  We ate wings and saw a movie which filled out the rest of the night.

    Saturday morning, I got up at 7:00am, wrote a handful of blogs, I had fallen a few days behind, so I got caught up with all the activities we have been going through.  I then headed out to wash Wife's Telluride but there was a long line and the idiot taking the cars in was driving way too aggressive for my comfort.  I decided not to and instead went out looking for a black christmas tree.  I wanted to surprise Wife, she suggested I make a Nightmare Before Christmas tree for us, which could be kept out from Halloween to past Christmas, it covers both holidays.  I found the right tree at At Home, but thought it would be better if she joined me in the shopping, so I left without buying anything.  I got home around 11:00am, the Longhorns were starting and I was supposed to smoke a couple of beer can chickens, so I got those started.  The game sucked, TCU has been whipping the Longhorns ass the last 8 years, it is embarrassing because they are a tiny school of barely 3,000 kids.  My chicken came out great, the four of us ate together which was a rarity, but Sweetie was working and Boy was home alone.  After this, the night was a blur, I took a nap for an hour, we were going to go to get the tree, I got up at 6:00pm, took Boy to get some clothes, then came back and we chilled the rest of the night watching a couple movies on our projector.  Poor Baby Jesus was stuck all weekend doing a massive amount of homework.  I almost think it is too much, but he does have four college classes, so it is what it is.

    Sunday, we didn't get up until noon and after we ate another serving of the leftovers of the chicken and sausages I smoked on Saturday, Wife and I finally went back to get the black Christmas tree for her idea.  We got a couple other things and headed back home.  I washed her car, it was covered in dead bug juices on the front, and I also fixed the temperature in Boy's shower by removing the temperature limit, he was complaining it wasn't hot enough.  It is scalding hot now, thanks to the water heater and the new water regulator I installed in  his shower.  The last few hours of Sunday evening I spent helping Baby Jesus with some of his school assignments, algebra and chemistry mostly, then I also wrote a few more blogs to get ahead for the week.  At this point, it is 9:00pm and I think I can chill the rest of the night as Wife has to start getting ready for bed.  I'll wash a load downstairs of clothes we dirtied over the weekend and probably watch some TV by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment