Tuesday, June 9, 2020

6/9/20 DD Moved Back In?

    DD called me earlier today, and when I called back it was to ask if it was ok if he could stay with us for a while.  I told him of course, I have always liked this kid, he has been friends with Boy since around 7th grade when Boy played football in junior high.  Back then we became friends with his mom and DD and his 3 sisters would come over all the time to hang out, sometimes they would just spend the night as we grilled and swam and watched movies all night long.  This was a good 12 years ago now, so, yeah, we have known this young man a while.
    He was living with us over a year ago, maybe it was even almost two years ago.  He stayed with us for maybe six months and it was good.  He paid rent, and we got along and never had any disagreements.  He only moved out because he "fell in love" and the girl convinced him they were ready for him to commit.  I tried telling him to wait a little longer but no one can get in the way of love.
    It seems the young genius was convinced, by another friend, that he was actually polyamorous.  He then brought this up with his girlfriend and she was not that happy with his newfound discovery.  This pretty much led to him moving out.  I think they just moved in too quickly, and although even I thought I was polyamorous at that age, it does wear off.  Nowadays, I am happy if Wife feeds me a nice meal and then leaves me alone to burp, fart, and digest the rest of the night.
    The newest thing about him is that he got a dog while living with his GF and now he has to keep the dog.  Of all the dog types I would hope he didn't have, of course, that is what he owns, a mix of pitbull and lab, he said, but I am not sure.  The dog is intimidating looking with a great big jawline, but he is friendly and curious with an almost goofy super long tail.  This was the biggest point of contention, I would rather he not have a dog, but he already owns it.  After having Girlie's dog here, there is no point in acting like the carpets are delicate.  So far the dog has given no indications that he will be a problem and he says he lives him in the crate all day when he is at work.  Boy and Sweetie were all excited about having a dog around, so they can take him out during the day to go outside to the bathroom and to stretch his legs.
    We shall see how long he stays this time, but he really is a good fit for us.  Javalina loves to tangle with him, both have that raw energy where they enjoy working out and then boxing.  Boy and Sweetie get a dog to love and enjoy, she was already tripping over herself hugging and carrying the dog around the house.  Wife and I can feel like we helped one of the kids that has grown up around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment