Friday, June 12, 2020

6/12/20 Getting Sucked Into Small Town Times?

    I know it isn't good for us, but we normally eat a lunch around 2-3pm and then a dinner around 9-11pm.  Most people would say that is too late, but since I work nights, that has always been our normal.  If we grill, we will end up eating even later than 11pm, at times.  I haven't figured that one out, I might turn on the grill no later than 6:00pm, but even then, the food won't all come out until after 10:00pm.
    We have been in Crystal City now for two days and the first one on Wednesday when we arrived, my mom ran off to get us chicken and we ate around 7:00pm.  I was kind of wanting some cookies or just something else to munch on later, but I guess between the burger and then the chicken, it kept me from looking for more food.
    Yesterday though, we ate a weird lunch of hot dogs suggested by one of the little knuckleheads.  It wasn't the greatest meal, but it was different, so it kind of worked.  Mom had also bought "pan dulce" which is so good with coffee and between the two kept me full for awhile.  The next few hours were met with napping and talking and more napping.  By the time I got up and Wife was headed home from work around 5:00pm, my mom was already getting ready to make burgers, which she does in a different way than Wife, so they are kind of a treat.  She takes the patty and bounces it once through flour and then cook them in oil.  Wife calls them chicken fried burgers, I just call them delicious.
    I ate two for dinner (although dinner was at like 6:00pm or maybe earlier) along with the whole family joining in.  As soon as we were done eating, I would have liked another nap, or just to lay down in a cold dark room, but everyone headed out by my brother's pool to watch the kids swim again.  It was alright, even if my brother decided to let me key up some of the music that I listen to and then he made fun of me the rest of the night for it.  I just accept that he is a small town simpleton, so it doesn't bother me.
    The kids got bored or wanted out of the pool a little earlier than the night before.  Wife and the boys disappeared for awhile but I stayed outside with my brother just talking.  By the time my stomach started cramping up and wanting to poop, my peeps were coming back out to go look for late night tacos.  Apparently, our local taco place in Carrizo Springs was closed for some reason.  She then came back and looked at a couple of places with no luck.  When she did find a taco hut open and stood in line for half an hour only to find out it was cash only, and who carries cash nowadays?  Wife came back after I had pooped and showered with nothing to show for her time gone, but at least my mom had made a handful of extra patties.  Javalina and I had a burger apiece and had to settle for that.  We were actually asleep early, well, before 2:00am, which I figured was good because Boy wants us on the road at 1:00pm STAT.  Right now, we have an hour and a half to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment