Sunday, June 14, 2020

6/14/20 What Dog Matches Us?

    It is weird how it is said that dogs and their owners tend to match each other in personality and temperament.  We had a discussion or two about getting a dog about a month ago, we just couldn't figure which breed would be best for us.  Me, not knowing any better, kind of lean towards the dachshunds.  My folks have now had two and they were both kind of cool and even though they had a strong bark, they were both kind of mellow in that they wouldn't come bite you.  The fact that they were small also helped because I don't want to worry about 50-100 pounds of dog getting out of control.  Boy then started suggesting weird dogs like the Belgium malinois, which was used in the John Wick movies, well trained almost killer dogs, I quickly said "hell no."
    Wife, of course, had to suggest a keeshond, which they had one that was given to them full grown.  Beautiful dog, but the a-hole never liked me.  Every time I went to visit, it had to be put in a bedroom and of course they thought it was hilarious when it came at me barking and snarling, I say "fuck that dog."  The same can be said about chihuahuas.  They are tiny, but they got no chill, from my experiences.  My mom had a chihuahua and although she thought it was "cute", that piece of shit bit into every grandkid.  Sure, my mom and sister loved that dog, but I was glad when it passed away, it was always barking and making the energy in the house just a little tense.
    We kind of ran out of dogs, so the conversation went dry, although Boy was still saying weird dogs like chows, or german shepherds, which are both way too much dog for me.  I like to joke about a bulldog if it is going to be Javalina's dog, both are built like fireplugs, short, thick and muscular, but then bulldogs drool way too much.  Wife joked of a hound dog because they sleep all day like me, great joke.
    Then this week, DD called and he needed a place to live, I love the boy, but I also knew he had gotten an aggressive type of dog.  Of course, over the phone he was like "no, it's a mix of pitbull and other dogs, almost a mutt."  Fast forward to him showing up and this bag of muscle jumps off next to him, all jawline and full of energy.  Geesh!  I wouldn't have opened the door for anyone else seeing the dog, but so far, the dog has been cool.  We have had him here with us like 4 days and I have yet to hear him bark and he hasn't pissed or pooped in the house.  Bil Burr, a comedian, has a funny bit about his GF getting them a pitbull and how he felt exactly like I do, scared at first, but coming around.  Now, he loves walking the dog and how his side of the street just clears up, people will cross the street to avoid getting close to the dog.
    Maybe this is the best way for us to own a dog, by letting the people that stay with us bring their dogs for a short time.  We all really liked Morro, Girlie's dog, except for the shedding, now we are coming around to DD's dog, he really is a beautiful example of the breed, and I am wanting to believe that he is as cool as he says it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment