Thursday, June 18, 2020

6/18/20 When Do The Adults Take Control?

    This might all be the culmination of a few generations of too many households with no men to give the younger generation a view of what being a man is, but right now it almost feels like we are in a freefall.  This bullshit happening in the streets might have started for a good cause, I do believe and agree that black people get treated improperly more often than other races, but rioting and just going out and screaming in the streets does nothing.  When this started, my first reaction was to turn to Boy and Sweetie and I got firm and direct saying that under no circumstances do I want you two idiots out there in downtown.  Both of you weigh 110 and 150 pounds, believe me, if the crowd turns or things go badly, both of you will end up getting stomped on.  They might have not liked it, nobody past 15 years of age likes being told you can't do this or that, but I don't give a shit.  I wouldn't be a good parent if I didn't speak my mind and instead of assuming they know what I am thinking, they hear exactly what I believe.
    All I see on the streets is young people, I know it has to do with corona and too many businesses being closed so there is nothing better to do, but damn, go home and jerk off or take a shower and a nap.  People are losing their minds over this Rayshard Brooks shooting in Atlanta now, but why did he react the way he did?  I saw the video with my own eyes, yes, he was pleasant and overly nice with the cops until he wasn't in the last minute of the thirty minute encounter.  The officers were both professional and respectful until he took one of their weapons.  I tried seeing it through different eyes and saw the events as Trevor Noah saw them, a black comedian who is the host of the Daily Show.  He wanted to extend the "he was so nice" and then excuse the last minute with "well, he was drunk, you've been drunk, I've been drunk...."  Uhh, no sir, I have never been drunk and then drove to put people around me in danger.  "If I drink, I do it at home.  If I drink at a restaurant, like once a year, my wife will drive.  Basically, you are saying that if he then fell asleep while driving, you would be ok with the defense of "well, he was drunk."  I hope MADD dumps a massive shit on your desk because that is the reasoning of a 10 year old, you know better than that.  He was drunk because he chose to be drunk and then he chose to drive off.
    But back to my take, he (Rayshard was only 27, Boy is 26) should have had a dad telling him continuously not to do stupid shit, he had a whole list of bad actions in his past too, which again, a strong parent might have changed that.  I talk to my mom (my dad is always in the background) almost daily and we discuss these events going on and we all are wondering where the other side is?  Everyone I know who works and has been working is not in support of the rioting and bad behavior.  My mom thinks it is hard to push back because if you are against the protesting, it will seem like you are racist, and that is probably right, but the people that make changes (adults that vote) aren't ever going to support change when they see this behavior in the streets.  Idiots taking over Seattle, the rioting, the looting, where do you get buy-in from the conservative side?  I hate saying I am a conservative now, but I would never be found carrying on out on the streets, sorry, but I do have work to get back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment