Monday, June 15, 2020

6/15/20 Yet Another Diet Attempt?

    I know, talking about dieting all the time from a fat boy gets old and lame, but it has been resonating in my head for awhile.  It is usually topic one with my folks when I call, well, maybe they'll ask about the boys first, but hardly a conversation goes by without mention of my weight.  I get it, I know I'm way too heavy, shoot, I can't look at jetskis and/or motorcycles without first glancing at their weight limits.  Wife uses it as her reason to say no to a lot of stuff I want.  "No, you can't buy a jetski, you're too heavy plus if you fall off, how are you going to get back on?"
    I have had luck with Atkins and back in college I lost like 90 pounds or more just by becoming active and eating like I was poor, which I kind of was.  My biggest problem right now has been my knees which seem to take turns hurting.  I almost want to think the medicine my mom gave me this weekend is starting to help as I woke up with my knee pain down to a 3-4, if it has been up at a 6-7 the last few weeks.  Not being mobile is key, I think.  Javalina is itching to go jogging and I could bike alongside him, but even riding a bike was hurting my knee a couple weeks ago when I tried.
    So after getting the usual talks at my folk's home this last time we visited, I talked with Wife about starting a diet.  We are clear of a lot of debt now, we could start spending more money to eat better/different.  She agreed, but we didn't really hash it out.  Yesterday, we were going for our weekly grocery store run and Sweetie lent us her HEB store card.  She said it would give us a 20% discount and that is all I heard.  We walked in through the "pharmacy" entrance and within a row or two, we were in the middle of all these Atkins choices for meal replacements and snacks.  This tend to get pricey quick, but I figured with her discount and that we have more disposable income, we should do it.  Wife grabbed a few things she can carry in her purse to keep from starving the days she goes to work, and I grabbed a few things to munch on when I get like I need something to eat.
    Turns out, Sweetie's card only discounts HEB brand things, we still saved $30, so it was ok, but I was alittle shocked when the total for our things was like $280.  That is ok, Wife got meals she can prep without carbs, and both tortillas and bread that are low carb/keto options.  I got some diet sodas ( I know people say they are bad, but they help me when I need something for my sweet tooth and they are technically no calorie), and Crystal Light drinks as well.
    I didn't want to go out like a bitch trying to lose 5 pounds and still die by corona as it caught me and brought me down like a hog in his prime, but Wife and everybody else says I'll be alright if I wear my mask.  So, I am doing this because I plan to be around post corona, driving a jet ski that I pull behind my boat that I tow with my F250 to my weekend lake house on the coast, or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment