Thursday, June 25, 2020

6/25/20 Tellies First Oil Change?

    It took more than awhile, but Wife's SUV finally got near the marker for its first oil change and we managed to get it done today.  This was not as simple as it might sound.  She went to work in La Pryor, and because Sweetie is sick, probably with Corona, Wife has been driving back and forth instead of staying at my folks.  Like she said, "I don't want to be the reason your dad, who is the family's weakest link, dies", if she got him sick.  All week, she has been leaving the house at 5:00am and returning late in the evening, Monday at 6:00pm, Tuesday at 7:30pm, today she got here at 3:50pm, which was good.  She picked me up, I offered to take the vehicle myself, she could stay and rest at the house, but little Miss Bossy Boss needs to supervise everything.
    In the morning, we always try to walk her out, you never know if there is a weirdo out there, and as she looked at her dashboard while she was sitting in the SUV, she remembered that the miles are now up to 6,800 miles and she needs to schedule, hopefully, today.  I said to just wait until Friday, but she says every trip is 200 miles down and 200 miles back.  If we waited until Friday, she would be about 100 miles over the 7,500 miles and she doesn't want any excuses this time, if the engine fails.  This is why we even went to the dealership, the service technician when we were trying to save the Kia Soul kind of tried to blame Jiffy Lube, but I am sure I always stand by the vehicle and see the work being done.  So, Wife told me to call the guy.  Since she left at 5:00am, and I was up, I was able to get on the computer and they very quickly had a pop-up menu where I was able to schedule the oil change for today.  It was very easy and for the time, it had little squares with fifteen minute differences to choose from.  My first choice was 5:00pm, but I noticed in the fine print this would mean leaving the vehicle overnight for work the next day, I then went back and chose 4:45pm, which is cutting it close, but it did not have the fine print of having to leave the car overnight.  I then called Wife to tell her to get her butt in gear at 1:30pm, the latest.
    My sleep is horrid right now, I went to sleep with Wife at 9:00pm, woke 11:00pm, was up until 2:00am, went and laid down, woke at 4:30am, Wife was getting ready for work, I stayed up to walk her out, then I was up until 7:30am, went to bed and sort of slept until 1:00pm.  At this point, I decided it was enough sleep and got up.  I called Wife and she picked up but I couldn't make out anything, which I figured she was on the road already.  The first 40 miles, she drives through a dead patch where she gets no reception on her phone.  She then called by 1:40 or so that she was on I-35 and coming.
    The oil and filter change was quick enough and although it seemed a little pricey at $39.95 online, the guy said he was going to give us a discount and only charged us $22.50, or something like that.  That sounds great, considering it is the dealership and they should be the experts on their vehicles.  This is why I have always taken my Excursion to Ford, not that I get many discounts.  Here's hoping the extra effort on our part leads to a longer life of This Telluride that Wife likes so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment