Thursday, June 11, 2020

6/11/20 Sitting With Family?

    There is just something therapeutic about sitting with family.  The same people you might have the biggest fights and disagreements are the same ones who take you back to reset and remind you that you are not crazy, your ideas come from all the thought processes of those we call family.  Even on the drive home, Boy was telling how I am wrong about this and wrong about that, I just said you're right, I am just going to agree and be happy all of us are together.
    As soon as we got home, it felt like we belong, like we should be here more often, five months was way too long to go between visits.  No sooner did we arrive and my mom and sister ran off to get chicken from the Golden Chick, the only local fast food chicken place.  We had eaten a burger on the road from McDonald's, which I really wanted to bitch about as it cost over $40 for 3 burgers and a set of chicken nuggets with their respective fries and drinks.  I guess that is life, man, it seems like so much, at least the fries were hot and the burgers fresh, we had to wait a couple minutes.  I was hanging with the family talking and trying not to upset anyone, as I said, but as soon as I finished that burger, I was out.  Fast forward almost two hours and Wife was waking me as we made the turn into town.  We got off fairly easy, we all had a backpack or bag apiece and then I had my computer and I did bring my new shotgun to see if we can go somewhere to test it.
    We said hi, went to the bathroom, it is a 3 hour drive, and then we ate, all of us, mom, dad, sister, two brothers and their kids.  My sisters hubby was at a meeting and my brother's wife was out walking with friends.  Once we finished off the chicken, my brother asked the kids if they wanted to go swimming and even Javalina got excited.  The four youngest family members all jumped in and I swear I would have too but the pool is an above ground pool and the dinky ladder would not hold my 400 pound to get in and out, so I just sat and bathed myself in OFF, there were mosquitos trying to be annoying.
    We sat and discussed the stuff going on with the virus and the protests.  We all seem to be in agreement that we don't like seeing rioting and looting, it just hurts the store owners and a lot of them will not survive first having to be shut down because of the virus and then because of the mobs of looters.  It is kind of weird that we are all plugged into social media in one way or another.  My brother quickly showed me he likes Tik-Tok, which is my new favorite thing, my mom was complaining of FB, my other brother was trying to show us video of the guy that got crushed by a statue he and his buddies were trying to destroy.
    My sister was the lone one trying to be productive and get us to agree on taking a trip together.  We talked about going to Corpus for a few days, but we couldn't get it together to decide on a house.  We might still do it, but we will all probably stay in separate hotels, which I am fine with, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment