Tuesday, June 2, 2020

6/2/20 Boy's GF Moved Out?

    I really think this self isolation is starting to get to people in weird ways.  First off, just earlier last week, Wife told me that DD was having trouble with his relationship.  I haven't heard it from his mouth, but the story we heard was that someone convinced him he was a polyamorous guy and one woman simply wasn't enough in his life.  This Knucklehead then went and tried bringing up the idea to his current GF that he lives with.  Well, she wasn't excited to hear this, and I guess things broke down from there.  I don't like seeing these young kids (in my eyes) having to go through the turmoil, but then again, I thought they rushed into moving in, yeah, it was easy to do and it did save a buck, but geez.
    Saturday, we were home all day, I mean what else are we going to do?  When I came out of the shower sometime late in the day, like 8:00pm, Boy told me Sweetie just left back to her mom's house.  I was a bit confused, I asked if they broke up, he said no.  I then asked if it was our fault and he hesitated and got goofy before rounding Wife and I up in the kitchen.  He said she just didn't feel like this was her place, and I think, ultimately, she got tired that we don't think like she does.
    She was in full support of all this bullshit going on downtown.  I don't think protesting will have any impact on anything.  Wife and I feel the same way.  We just see looters and troublemakers on TV, I mean who yells at cops to their faces?  Then the same idiots are surprised when they get rubber bullets shot at them or they get sprayed with smoke to where they can't breath?  Ten or twenty years ago, I would probably be on their side, fighting for the little man, "don't let whitey get you down."  Now that I have grown up though, I don't see things the same way.  I see myself constantly working, I never get weeks or months off to fart around, and yet, the poor and underprivileged always seem to have time and energy to get together for crap like this.
    I didn't outright say it, but it is a lot easier to focus on all that crap sitting in my house with neither my son or herself working while we foot the bill for the house, his car, the light (and they have a separate window A/C in their room if the central air wasn't cold enough), internet, while they both draw unemployment enough for fancy meals all the time.  I kept joking (you know, passive aggressively) that they could help pay a bill or two if they have so much energy as to complain about the world around them.
    Of course, me mentioning anything about money was so stressful, like "wow, he is at it again."  The only time I asked Boy for money was when he was going to start getting paid essentially the same as Wife and I, then the company went under.  The next time was when they got their stimulus checks, both of them got $1200 plus they are both getting unemployment and even then unemployment is kicking in like $300 more than normal.  Boy has no bills, I didn't see why he couldn't give me half that stimulus money.  I was being pressured by my family to buy more guns and we bought a freezer and all that meat we have stored now, and they get to sit on their money while having 15 hour video game marathons where we can hardly talk to our son to even take out the trash?  And somehow of course, we are the bad guys?  By the way, he kept his stimulus money after we saw he got a dentist bill, our way of helping him pay that off, not that we get credit for being good parents.
    Of course she is welcome back.  We didn't run her off, but nothing is going to really change.  I am not letting some random female kid run my house, she needs to understand how the real world works.  If Boy loves you, we love you.  That means we accept you and your thinking, but it does not mean we think you are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment