Sunday, February 9, 2020

2/9/20 Car Trouble For You, Car Trouble For Me?

    Part of the reason my folks came to visit was to bring in their new SUV back to the Chevrolet dealership.  From day one, it has had an error message that comes on in the driver's screen, something about needing to charge the system.  Mom called the saleslady and she said to bring it in, she talked to a service guy and he said it might be a failing alternator.  I think an alternator will either fail or not, the problem wouldn't last for 3 months like this one has.
    I can say I was not impressed by the service shop at Henna Chevrolet.  The sales lady told my Mom "I talked to Brad, look for him when you come in, I will have a loaner car for you to take home while we figure out the problem."  Fast forward to meeting ole Brad and Brad could not give two shits that we knew his name when he came up to our car randomly.  After my mom explained what the problem was he said "ok."  He didn't say "welcome to our dealership", or "get off and we'll start the paperwork", or "sorry for your problems."  Ole Brad just turned and walked into the building.  We sat there like goons for a couple minutes then I suggested to my mom "maybe we should go inside."  We walked in and I swear it was like Brad was Drew Barrymore in 50 First Dates, he looked at us like "yeah, can I help you?" (not that I want to was his demeanor).  After a few minutes we were handed off to another guy who at least faked some friendliness our way.  We told him the sales lady said we would get a rental and be on our way.  He of course does the ole "I don't know, we only have a few rentals, maybe we can put together some old tires on a piece of wood and roll you on out of here (but he was friendlier at least).
    We sat there about an hour and a half before the lady from the rental part of the service came and addressed us.  She could get my Mom a rental truck or a tiny SUV but nothing like what she came in with.  I joked with her to just give us a new suburban and we'll be on our way, or maybe a new Corvette, at least she LOL'd.  She came back saying she did have 1 Traverse or whatever my mom drives, but they would have to move a bunch of cars to get it, it was currently blocked off.  Another 30-40 minutes and we were on our way.
    I got home and wanted to go eat breakfast, Wife seemed surprised that that would require waking up Javalina.  He must have heard us making noise and comes down all half awake.  Wife had run to the bank while we were gone, I had talked to her to pick up some tacos at Taco Cabana, but she said they might not have the big dozen tacos for $20 deal going.  This is the point she headed home and got her very own "service engine soon".  Now we would have to take her Kia in and see.  So before we even ate, we had lost two cars to maintenance issues.  Wife took off ahead of us and we followed to pick her up.  Kia does not have a rental agency onsite, so tough titties to their customers.
    They've been wanting to sell us a new Telluride, Wife has been wanting a new Telluride and I figure it is only an extra hundred bucks, maybe two and we could do it, but it would have meant sitting there haggling and losing another 3-4 hours.  We ended up leaving, so we could eat, Dad was getting uppity and Javalina was way past his breakfast, so we had two biotches whining in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment