Sunday, February 16, 2020

2/14/20 Keeping It Real On Valentine's Day?

    I can full on say this Valentine's Day sucked.  I guess I am mostly responsible but only because of my responsibilities.  Wife's car had its service engine light come on a week ago and that has been a high mark on our family stress level.  We took it in immediately and after a couple days they called back saying the engine was run without oil.  I could not believe this part because I take our cars into Jiffy Lube and I saw them pour the oil in, nowadays they don't pump it in with a hose like they used to, they use a small container and fill it with the correct amount per whatever the computer tells them.  Anyways, Kia told us the car was fine, we had brought it in before we did any major damage, they wanted to run a test to see how much oil the engine was burning, but we picked up the car and the service engine light came on within two blocks of the dealership.
    So here we are, now its Friday, am I going to be worried about chocolate hearts and marshmallow surprises, or am I going to go deal with the situation about our car?  The only good thing about Boy being furloughed and then having his wisdom teeth removed is that he has nowhere to go, so Wife can take his car to go to work.  I got out close to 10:00am and went over to the place where I was going to buy the used Mustang.  It was sold to somebody else, but they had my $100 bill.  They said they will be mailing it to the house.  I then went to Kia to talk to the service person about the engine and the car.  I wanted to perhaps get a price and valuation on trading the car in and getting a new Telluride, but the sales guy he addressed me to was not very helpful.
    I left there with not many answers but more questions around 11:30am, and I decided I might as well stop and get some breakfast tacos for me and Javalina.  I finally laid down around 1:00pm, Wife then called me at 3:30pm that she was on her way.  At this point, I got up and called the dealership to see if they had maybe found a cheaper engine, he said no, but the lady with the engine for sale, said she would take 4 thousand.  In my naïve train of thought, I had assumed because the service guy said he would help us out with the service part, that the install would somehow be free.  He of course then quoted me a price of $6950 for the motor and install, with no guarantee.  I could choose to pay an extra $1000 for the twelve thousand mile warranty.
    All this of course, still has to wait on the fact that I am almost done refinancing the house, and the number 1 rule of refinancing is don't buy anything while going through the process.  So, Wife is ready to just bite the bullet and I am told they need a couple more days to close.  They are finally saying that we can be signing paperwork this week.
    I can only say I will believe it when I actually start signing papers.  But again, with all this, I never had the fortitude to worry about some chocolate candies.

No comments:

Post a Comment