Wednesday, February 12, 2020

2/12/20 Leading Up To Second Band Practice?

    I almost did not go to the second band practice.  From last week, when I went to my first rehearsal and left feeling like a new and improved person.  I slowly went down to the ground in the course of a week.  My plans all week were to practice on Friday and Saturday, maybe some more on Sunday morning if I needed to, before I went back to practice at 2:00am.
    I could have put some time in on Thursday, I was technically off, but man, after working, I need a day off just to gather myself back together.  Friday early was not really good because I had plans with Boy and though I wasn't sure what time we were going to go, he came down all of a sudden, ready to go around 10:30am.  I had been sitting writing blogs and watching videos on the computer, but when he came down I quickly ran up and took a shower.  It had been a long time since I had spent any time with Boy, so I wasn't going to rush it.  It turned out great, we were out until around 2:30pm, maybe 4 hours, and we even had lunch at Thundercloud Subs.  As soon as I got home I was ready for a nap.
    I woke up at 4:30, when Wife started texting that she was on her way back up here.  I said cool, she had a couple things she wanted me to do, like clean this and that.  Javalina was supposed to stay on campus for a concert and then a play, but he decided to come home to rest for a while.  I told him if he wanted a ride back he would need to cut the grass in the front, so it would look nice for my parents.  As soon as we finished, it was time to take him back, so off we went.
    Wife got back and within the hour my folks got in, and worse yet, by that time it was about the time the play was going to finish.  We headed to go get Javalina and he had five friends to feed.  Lucky that the Excursion is so big and lil Beaners will pile in, I put two in the very back and off we went.  We got back home probably around 11:00pm, and there had been no time to practice, but I thought well maybe Saturday.
    Saturday turned into more of the same.  I was up super early writing, but then my Mom woke and she had plans to go drop off her SUV and pick up a rental.  I went with her since my Dad didn't look like he was moving.  It took awhile and then of course, we got back and Wife was having her problems with her SUV, which meant we had to take her SUV in.
    We then went to eat at Mandola's, we came home for a bit so I could poop and shower, then we headed to the mall.  We didn't get back home until after 10:00pm.  I thought maybe if I take a nap, I will be refreshed and then I can practice.  That did not happen, but I thought maybe n Sunday morning.
    Again, Sunday proved to be too busy.  Wife needed to go get a rental car at the airport, s we rushed off in the direction around 11:40am and with traffic being so shitty, I didn't get back until1:00pm.  I barely had time to shower and get on the road.  I was thinking I shouldn't go, but Wife said "just go", it won't be that bad.  I hated not being fully prepared, but the guy who get me in said I sounded really good and not to worry about being so perfect, this is just a local city orchestra.

No comments:

Post a Comment