Monday, February 10, 2020

2/10/20 Happy Birthday, Big Bossy B?

    Today Wife turns 29, that has been her age for awhile, so leave it alone.  It sucks having a birthday during the week, because well for us, we aren't even together, but even when we were, I work nights.  Wife is ok to wait until Friday or Saturday to go celebrate her birthday.  Friday also happens to be Valentine's Day, so I get to kill two birds with one stone.  With my new found knowledge, I don't even have to go spending a bunch of money, our Love Language tells me all I have to do is maybe sweep the kitchen and run the vacuum and Wife will be all aglow in my love for her.
    From what I understand, she is going to be around here for a conference up around the lakes somewhere.  With her car troubles, she even suggested I could go drop her off and then pick her up, but I am not up to that challenge.  I could probably go drop her off tonight, after my band practice, but then to go get her during the week would be a major pain in the ass with how traffic builds up here.  She already reserved a rental car at the airport, and it is going to cost us a nice $220 for like 4 days of rental.  Still, this is the first time we have any type of trouble with that little butt plug of a car so I don't mind.
    I am almost tempted to go do that voodoo that I do and trade her car while it is in the shop for a Kia Telluride and surprise her, but then again, the Kia Soul has been such a good little car I don't want to just give it away.  We have gotten several notices from them that we could trade in the Soul and walk out with a Telluride for about $100-$200 difference.  That just sounds tempting.
    It is very hard when you are married to a person like Wife.  Gifts don't really impress her, we were at the mall and I actually bought a nice watch and she could have cared less about looking around for her while we were there.  Even at Dillard's, I love the look of the Brahmin bags with their thick leather feel, or even the Coach or Dunney bags, but she will walk all the way to the back of the purse/bag section and pick out these cloth cheap looking $50 Vera Bradley bags.
    Right now, she has been busily collecting some bags from Coach that have The Wizard of Oz characters printed on them.  I don't know if she has all of them at this point, but I am also not stopping her from getting all of them.  I don't understand the point of her collecting things like that.  She'll buy them and not even think about using them, so no one will ever get to see whatever cool thing she collected.  Oh well, that is part of the mystery that is my wife.
    It is hard to believe that we have been together since she was a kid, younger than our youngest.  We started dating when she was 14 and I was 16, now that she is 29, it has been a long road.  Somehow in the math, we dated for 6 years, and produced a pair of handsome young men 25 and 15 years old.  She is still working her ass off to make herself a better person going to school, yet when I am sick or feeling bad, she drops everything and makes sure I am well cared for.  You are the Queen Woman, your mama knew it before you were born and put the title in your name.  I consider myself lucky to have you as my Wife and partner.  I love you and Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment