Tuesday, February 11, 2020

2/11/20 Getting A New Nice Watch?

    Part of saying that Wife kicks ass and is the coolest is that she recognizes my needs.  I have many wants and needs, unlike her.  I am as materialistic as people come and I don't really hide it or feel ashamed for it.  I feel I work hard, take care of my boys, help others when I can, so why not treat myself once in a while?
    Really, the only thing I have been wanting is watches.  I mean, yes, I want a truck and a boat, and maybe even a plane, but those are needs.  A man should be able to travel by land, sea, or air at a moments notice.  I kid about the plane part, for now, the other two are just a matter of time.  They will be mine, oh yes, just wait.  But back to the here and now, shopping for watches is something that occupies my time.  I like looking at them, comparing them, hearing this and that on YouTube about what celebrity has what kind of watches, I think it is a cool hobby.  It even has a new word "horophile", which is defined as people with an obsession with timekeeping devices.  The word is so new it is still not recognized by the Merriam-Webster dictionary, but other online dictionaries do.
    Friday afternoon while at the mall buying clothes for Boy, he suggested going to Ben Bridge, he has a liking for nice things too.  I don't think he was aware that they no longer are carrying Rolex, but if he wants to go somewhere I already enjoy going to, why would I say no?  We usually deal with a particular sales lady, but she wasn't there.  We were helped by the same lady as the last time I went by to pick up Boy's watches, they both needed batteries.
    I have really started liking the way alligator leather straps look with watches and for some reason, I think the dark royal blue really pops in that color.  I mean brown looks great, with a rose gold watch, and black looks perfect with a yellow gold watch, but if the watch itself is going to be white gold or silver or even steel, I think blue is the best color.  Without Rolex to distract our attention, I looked at their "lesser" watches and noticed a really nice looking Raymond Weil with both a blue faced dial and a cream/tan dial.  I liked the lighter cream/tan one and Boy liked the blue one.  I almost bought it on the spot, but had a moment of clarity and said no to myself.  I felt like I should at least discuss it with Wife, Boy being evil said "she was ok with you buying a Hamilton watch( at about the same price point), she won't mind this."  I just smiled and said "no, I want to discuss it first."
    After talking it over with her, she was surprised I didn't just get it.  With my Mom being in town for the weekend, we ended up back at the mall on Saturday afternoon again, so we went back and after trying on several others and almost spending too much on a Tag Heuer watch, I did end up getting the cream/tan faced watch that I liked.  Boy came around agreed it was nicer.  I just wanted the different color, if I ever wear it because I have a blue faced and a black faced Rolex.  That might be the only thing a novice might notice, so I do want them to be different colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment