Saturday, February 29, 2020

2/27/20 Getting Our Kia Back?

    I have not had time to write, I am at least three days behind.  But, that is life.  So, we got our car back on Thursday.  The "new" used engine did not arrive to the dealership until Monday morning and that is when the service technician called.  I managed to play phone tag for a while before I got a hold of him and OK'd the install.  He said it might be ready by the end of the day or the next day at the latest.  Wife had already decided to rent another rental to get through her week, so there was no real rush until Thursday when she was going to be back in town.
    She arrived Wednesday night, but being I ate a bowl of cereal for dinner, she didn't arrive with too much energy, certainly not any to go chasing after her car that night, besides I was at work, so it would have been real tough to get things done.  As a side note, I spent two hours of my sleep time talking to a new loan officer from another refinance company starting the whole process anew.  I was not well mentally to be thinking about driving here and there.
    Thursday was not much better.  Wife needed to return her rental by 4:00pm out in Kyle, and as far as I knew the maintenance shop at Kia closed at 4:30pm.  I got up at 3:00pm and told Wife if she was ready to go.  As usual, she is putting on make-up in her birthday suit and seemed in no rush.  I got up and had these times to worry about which I don't think she knew as she seemed to be in no hurry.
    We finally got going, picking up the car was no problem on Sunday because we were going that way to my recital.  Dropping off the car, it seemed like a totally far distance to drive to.  We got there, after stopping to fuel up, Wife went in, signed whatever paperwork and then we headed to Kia, for the big reveal.  I dropped her off at Kia and was going to take off, but then felt like there might be problems, so I parked and walked to the back.  Her card was not working.  We luckily had the money in our savings, good thing we had been saving for Disney because we don't have any other credit cards to help in these situations.  I sarcastically was telling the dude that while they are pouring champagne and celebrating with our money, our babies are going another year with no Disney, so I hope y'all feel good about that.  He was quick enough to say "nah, with your money, we (the guys in the service shop) are going to Disney.  It helped ease the tension of kissing away so much money.
    It took a minute, I guess the card is designed with a max of so much money and the total of $5860, or thereabouts was too much and the card kept getting declined.  Wife eventually called our bank and got it all squared away.  The car is driving solid, almost like we didn't even change anything.  Wife has already hit the highway to San Antonio and back and she said it seems a tad stronger or something like that.  I just hope it holds up for as long as it takes for us to finish the refinance and get to trade it in for something more robust.

No comments:

Post a Comment