Sunday, February 16, 2020

2/15/20 Looking At Some Cars?

    After Wife's troubles with her Kia, it is hard to imagine we will be buying another Kia.  That being said, I didn't want to just say that I would force Wife into whatever car I thought would be best.  We had a conversation, I wanted her to realize all the cars that are out there in the price range we will look at. First off, she had her heart set on another Kia, the brand new Telluride.  It has been doing very well and honestly on a comparison test with the Ford Explorer, it came in 1st while the Explorer came in a sad 4th out of five.  Still, in the real world, we have to keep perspective.
    Would you go and buy another car from the same company whose car just burned up its engine with no rhyme or reason?  I say it is very uncool to just tell us that and give us a blank stare as to what we are going to do about it.  If we did nothing wrong, we changed the oil when we were supposed to, then the engine decides to burn up all the oil, how are we to know.  There are no stains on the driveway indicating it has been leaking.  I told Wife the only way I could go along with another Kia is if they somehow help us get out of our predicament.
    I then suggested we look at some Prius cars over at Toyota.  We stopped at the dealership and the salesman said they have not had any new Prius cars in a long time.  The did have some Rav4 Hybrids which claimed 38 miles on the highway and 41 in the city.  That sounded great, but the Telluride and Explorer both have a third row and seat at least 6 people.  The Rav4 does not have that power.  I really stopped at Toyota to see the Prius lineup, not to be pushed into something else.
    My first choice always is to go with Ford.  Ford has not really disappointed me.  My folks and them have had problems with their windows falling off the support brackets and the power controller giving out to raise the windows, but I have had no issues like that.  In order to save money, I am focusing my looking at 2019 vehicles.  They are more heavily discounted and willing to deal to move them.  That said, I really like an Edge that they have had for quite a while at $40,190.  It is an ST and so it is supposed to haul ass, plus it is loaded with all the features we are used to.  While waiting for the sales guy to get the key, we saw a 2020 Ford Explorer.  It was not the fancy ST variety, but it did have leather on the seats and a big screen to run the radio/nav and all that stuff.  The red color really pops and to me this is the frontrunner on what we will get.  We just need to figure out how to get rid of the Kia.
    Wife was looking at Carmax and they will buy anything, no questions asked.  We talked about it and figured if they would offer us around $10,000, we would probably take it.  We still owe $13,150 or something like that. I am unsure what will happen here, but I know that we need a solution by the weekend as soon as we get past the refinance that is supposed to happen this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment