Friday, February 21, 2020

2/21/20 Just Keep Moving, Just Keep Moving?

    Recently, I have barely been able to function, I don't know what is really going on.  I am falling behind on writing my blogs, then I have to write multiple ones to catch up.  Maybe it is that my mind is distracted with the orchestra stuff, but I am barely doing anything great about it, other than thinking about it.
    I am in a weird limbo where in my head we should be free of so many debts and crap, but nothing seems to have changed.  We have been getting rid of credit cards and I will speak to that soon, but what I thought would be done by now is just getting dragged along where it won't just die.  I keep telling Wife this is the year we are finally free financially, then Boy gets furloughed, so luckily he didn't move out or buy any new cars, but we are still helping out and I am still paying for his car.  Add to that, Wife's car suddenly gave out with no warning, boom, engine just burned up and we need a new one, now.  How great that we had just saved up $6000 because that is how much the stupid used engine will cost.
    I am trying to stay positive about this, yet, we are still also waiting on this refinance that we started in October.  Anybody else does this, they are done the next month or two.  Here we are, almost 6 months working on it.  They told me last week this was it, I told them good, I need to buy a car, because of Wife's problems.  Today, they say buy the car, we will work around it, it will be another week or two.  Maybe the refinance happens in March, maybe not.
    I know that the best medicine is time.  Boy is already getting calls for interviews, he said Intel and IBM both wanted to interview him, and they are both in town so I couldn't ask for better companies to work for.  We will overcome Wife's car and she will most probably end up driving something a little bigger, I really liked an Explorer we looked at last weekend.
    Javalina is finally back to doing well in his classes.  His Algebra II class finally has a decent premanent teacher and our son is back to understanding the material.  He has his first track meet this Saturday, it kind of sucks that it starts at 6:30am for them.  We have to be there at 9:00am, if we want to see him throw, at least when he is done, we can leave and not be there all day.
    Whether I like it or not, this Sunday is my first Orchestra recital.  I need to practice the musical pieces a little more, but nothing too scary anymore.  There was one song giving trouble, but it all seemed to work out.  I guess that is how life is, sometimes we just fake it til we make it, sometimes we fall a step behind so we double time it and sometimes we just admit we are getting our ass kicked and continue anyway because that is what one does.

No comments:

Post a Comment