Saturday, February 8, 2020

2/7/20 Friday, Taking Mijo Shopping One More Time?

    We have to be the stereotypical Hispanic parents, Boy is turning 26 next month and I still want to buy him clothes, and for lack of a better word, take care of him.  Pretty much everyone I talk to at work has sent their kids out to live their lives the best way they can.  I keep getting the weird faces sometimes when I am recounting a story from the weekend and some little factoid pops up, such as when I was telling a story about how my son's GF has told me she will be taking over the washing clothes duties for him and I am trying to pile on the ironing of his dress shirts and I get looked at like I am slow or something "you still wash AANNNDDD iron his clothes???"  I mean, "yeah, the washing is no big deal, if they could keep everything in the basket I put in their bathroom.  Not to worry, Wife fought for the right to keep me ironing his clothes and I don't think Sweetie was that interested in doing the chore.  That is sarcasm, ironing does kind of suck, but the boys don't care, they will wear their clothes all wrinkled and I like them looking sharp.
    During Christmas time, I decided I would go ahead and buy him one more pair of those Lucky Penny shoes at $400 since he had his new job lined up and we couldn't figure what to get him for the Santa gift (I know, I know).  Fast forward a month and he finds himself laid off/furloughed and I just felt bad for him.  He only saw one, maybe two good checks as a salaried employee so of course I figure he is not going to have that much money laying around.  I then offered to buy him a new suit or jacket and stuff so he can look nice at whatever interviews he ends up at.
    While driving to the mall, we were talking and I asked him how much he had managed to save and he says basically a few thousand in the bank, since they aren't paying rent and I have his car note, he says he can be fine for about 5-6 months.  Wife told him to apply for unemployment and he could qualify for around $500 a month or something like that.  Since he says that is what his bills run him monthly, minus what we are helping with, and he could be unemployed for a year.  The good thing is that I know Boy has a good work ethic and he won't just sit around, he likes staying busy and I don't think he is comfortable being a half-ass.
    I thoroughly enjoy taking my boys shopping.  Boy has a perfect frame with a size 40 chest and 31 waist that everything looks model good on him.  He was trying to be thrifty and saying he had plenty of shirts but I figured a couple new shirts are always a good idea, specially for interviewing.  I also bought him about 4 pants just to make sure he is alright.  We ended the day eating at Thundercloud Subs and then I went home for a nap while I waited for the rest of my peeps to arrive.  Javalina was going to stay late at school, but called me to go pick him up at 5:00pm, which ended my leisure time.  We did look at watches though...

No comments:

Post a Comment